HELP *3001#12345# Help

Please help

After I enter programming mode by keying *3001#12345#, what should I do
next. Their is no response and no NAM! menu should up.

thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about help 3001 12345 help

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:29:31 GMT, "nntp" <hesschu@rogers.com> wrote:

    >Please help
    >
    >After I enter programming mode by keying *3001#12345#, what should I do
    >next. Their is no response and no NAM! menu should up.

    How about a little more information such as what phone you are trying
    to program?

    Hi

    it is Nokia 8390!

    I followed the instruction you show me before (search 'change alpha tag' ).
    After I keyed in the program code as mentioned

    *3001#12345#,

    it just stay on the screen and no response at all. Where is the ENTER key
    like computer??? Is it the TALK key??

    Step 2 NAM screen did not show up!

    Please help

    thanks

    nntp wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > it is Nokia 8390!
    >
    > I followed the instruction you show me before (search 'change alpha
    > tag' ). After I keyed in the program code as mentioned
    >
    > *3001#12345#,
    >
    > it just stay on the screen and no response at all. Where is the ENTER
    > key like computer??? Is it the TALK key??
    >
    > Step 2 NAM screen did not show up!
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:29:31 GMT, "nntp" <hesschu@rogers.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Please help
    >>>
    >>> After I enter programming mode by keying *3001#12345#, what should
    >>> I do next. Their is no response and no NAM! menu should up.
    >>
    >> How about a little more information such as what phone you are trying
    >> to program?
    >> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Dear nntp,

    GSM phones, like the Nokia 8390, don't have NAM2. AMPS and ANSI-136 (TDMA)
    and IS-95a (CDMA) phones can.

    John C.

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 03:49:11 +0000, nntp wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > it is Nokia 8390!

    That's a GSM phone.

    > I followed the instruction you show me before (search 'change alpha tag' ).
    > After I keyed in the program code as mentioned
    >
    > *3001#12345#,
    >
    > it just stay on the screen and no response at all. Where is the ENTER key
    > like computer??? Is it the TALK key??
    >
    > Step 2 NAM screen did not show up!

    Problem solved: GSM phones do NOT have a 'NAM screen'.

    .....NEXT!!

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 03:49:11 GMT, "nntp" <hesschu@rogers.com> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >it is Nokia 8390!

    That's not what you wrote when you sent your last message! You wrote
    8360!

    >I followed the instruction you show me before (search 'change alpha tag' ).
    >After I keyed in the program code as mentioned
    >
    >*3001#12345#,

    That code is for CDMA and TDMA phones only. 8390 is a GSM phone. If
    you had specified that model in your original message you would have
    gotten the correct answer!

    >it just stay on the screen and no response at all. Where is the ENTER key
    >like computer??? Is it the TALK key??
    >
    >Step 2 NAM screen did not show up!

    GSM phones do not have a NAM!

    I'm not sure if I recall what you were trying to do in your original
    question, but if it was to change the "banner" you can do that by
    having a graphic sent to your phone from web sites which usually has a
    fee with it or you can transfer a graphic to your phone with a program
    such as Logomanager, Logoexpress or Oxygen Phone Manager using either
    your phone's IR or with a data cable. If that's not what you wanted
    to know send your question again. It makes a great deal of difference
    when you ask a question to specify the correct model number seeing as
    how the different technologies often do things differently.

Nokia Programming