Do You Think The GTX 670's Price Will Drop By December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAutarch

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I'm about to build my first rig and the only component I haven't decided on is the GPU. I was going to buy the 570 until I compared it's benchmarks to the 670. But I just can't justify spending 400 dollars on it. How long does it usually take for these things to take a significant price drop? Is it possible for the 670 to be priced around 300 dollars by the end of the year? Or should I just just get the 570 and hope it lasts me for the next couple years?

Solution
Unless AMD's 8*** sea-islands cards crush Nvidia's Kepler, and I mean CRUSH, not like 5-15% performance increase, I doubt the 670 will come down in price until Nvidia releases their next generation card to replace it. this has happened every generation.

typically, it's better to just wait for the new generation, or find a card in the current avialable cards that fit your needs. that said, the Dell ultrasharps are amazing monitors, and while a 570 will let you play most games, only a 670 or something equivalent can truly do it justice (especially for future games). well, that's my opinion at least

TheAutarch

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

I'll be using a 24" Dell UltraSharp; i5 3570k with ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo and 8GB of Vengeance low profile RAM. If a 570 can push Max Payne 3 and yet to be released games like BioShock 3 and GTA V, I'll be good.

georgekn3mp

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I would doubt if GTX670 will hit $300 by end of 2012..but then SSD's have dropped $100 or so in the last 3 months...different market but you never know.

Either one would work with Ivy Bridge but the 670 gets you PciE 3 for more bandwidth...which doesnt mean much for now anyway, 2.0 isn't really saturated either.

Unless AMD's 8*** sea-islands cards crush Nvidia's Kepler, and I mean CRUSH, not like 5-15% performance increase, I doubt the 670 will come down in price until Nvidia releases their next generation card to replace it. this has happened every generation.

typically, it's better to just wait for the new generation, or find a card in the current avialable cards that fit your needs. that said, the Dell ultrasharps are amazing monitors, and while a 570 will let you play most games, only a 670 or something equivalent can truly do it justice (especially for future games). well, that's my opinion at least

Solution

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
It took a release of the entire HD 7k series to bring price drops to the 570's. I doubt they would drop prices if at all by December if AMD were to mimic their GPU release window like they did with tahiti.

By that time you would be close to the release of the next generation which would be wait and see. Save up that extra $100 bucks and enjoy the 670 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.