Need Suggestion for best graphic card for my system

night3lf

Honorable
May 23, 2012
hey everyone ...plz could you suggest a new graphic card for me cuz i burned ATi raedon hd 4770... so now im looking for Nvidia this time..so i need u r help...my specs are as follows

Processor: dual core @ 2.7GHz @ 2.7GHz
motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-CM
RAM : corsair XMX ddr2 2gb
powersupply unit : coolermatser extreme power 460w
previous card :ati hd raedon 4770
well i no it kind a cheap....bt i wana play games... plzz help meh..!!! :/

Solution
well, your only bet is the 7770 or 7750 as they have extremely low power requirements due to the new 28nm process. the only Nvidia card with a 28nm in your price range is the 640, but it's slower than both of the mentioned AMD cards and cost the same as the 7750 so not worth buying...

I would seriously consider replacing that PSU. it's possible that it is what burned your old video card
well, your only bet is the 7770 or 7750 as they have extremely low power requirements due to the new 28nm process. the only Nvidia card with a 28nm in your price range is the 640, but it's slower than both of the mentioned AMD cards and cost the same as the 7750 so not worth buying...

I would seriously consider replacing that PSU. it's possible that it is what burned your old video card

Solution

night3lf

Honorable
May 23, 2012
yeah that might be right...bt buying a new psu shall be very expensive for me...y not on this psu..?? wat if i plug those AMD card that u have mentioned on my current PSU..??if they require such low power..?

G

just a FYI:
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 460 W (RS-460-PMSR-A3) Power Supply Review
Even though this power supply can’t deliver its labeled power, it isn’t a bad product for its price tag and targeted audience. Its real power is close to its labeled power (430 W) and its efficiency isn’t bad for a low-end product. Plus it has all its protections up and running, a thing sometimes hard to find on cheap power supplies.
it may be ok, it may not. but considering that cards draws just 80 watts; tough call on whether that PSU is that horrible with age or it was time for the card to go to the ATI "afterlife"

but why limit yourself and get another PSU.
Antec VP-450 $34.98

your current power supply can't deliver it's rated power... but it has over power protection. Yes, the cards I recommended are low power and won't stress your psu much. you can probably get away with your current psu as a "transition" stage until you save up more money, but given that your PSU has over power protection, issues with your previous card isn't caused by drawing too much power from your PSU. thus, either it was time for your old card to die, or your PSU is going bad. in the ladder case, better change the PSU before it really blows

the antec looniam recommended's an excellent brand at a great price.