Modular Vs Non <$80

zantaff

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
*SOLVED* Many people recommended the Rosewill Hive. Manofchalk's explanation was the best at describing why some people thought some Rosewill products were bad, yet at the same time explaining why the HIVE is a quality PSU.

Ok, I'm REEEEEEALY on the verge of buying the Rosewill Hive 650
Why? Because it's modular and I HATE all those damn cable in my box.
But I found 2 other really good deals out there. If you can convince me, I'll take one of the bundled PSU's instead.

Rosewill HIVE 650w - $66 total
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182132

COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750 - $66 total
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4F15-F0AA-F85A-CD43-BB41A3D343EE&AID=10440897

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 - $77 total
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021

Solution
Certain Rosewill series (the Stallion, Green) are very low quality and early on that was all Rosewill had. Added to the fact that Rosewill is just Newegg in disguise and being a budget brand hasn't helped their reputation so they dont have a great image among the tech community.

The newer units like the Hive and Fortress (I think) are made by a good OEM and are of decent quality. You can read the review that (his name is a string of numbers, I shall call him) Toilet linked above that has fairly good things to say about this particular unit.

zantaff

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

I don't think I'll SLI. When I need more GPU power, I'll probably just upgrade my graphics card instead of trying to SLI two older cards.

So, in that case which would you recommend?

zantaff

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

Thanks!

There's also the question of quality, though. I've heard /some/ feedback that the Hive only lasts a few months while the Corsair will last years.

Any truth to that?

Certain Rosewill series (the Stallion, Green) are very low quality and early on that was all Rosewill had. Added to the fact that Rosewill is just Newegg in disguise and being a budget brand hasn't helped their reputation so they dont have a great image among the tech community.

The newer units like the Hive and Fortress (I think) are made by a good OEM and are of decent quality. You can read the review that (his name is a string of numbers, I shall call him) Toilet linked above that has fairly good things to say about this particular unit.

Solution

zantaff

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

Yeah, he said it was pretty much an excellent PSU, which makes me wonder why I've been hearing hate about it elsewhere.

zantaff

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

I have the form all filled out and about to press pay for the $66 Rosewill.

Now is the time if anyone wants to stop me!

zantaff

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
*SOLVED* Many people recommended the Rosewill Hive,. Manofchalk's explanation was the best at describing why some people thought some Rosewill products were bad, yet at the same time explaining why the HIVE is a quality PSU.

TRENDING THREADS