Your question

GPU suddenly not working

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • GPUs
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 3, 2012 6:24:15 PM

I have been using my brand new homebuild pc for about a month now, and i have been playing games as Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike Source and Diablo 3 for quite a while. But today i recieved this message:

WARNING
The catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Display manager.

I started playing Diablo 3 and the framerate had dropped drasticaly! I have reinstalled Diablo 3, and my GPU drivers several times and still no results. When i went to my windows experience index my GPU's score changed from 1,0 to 5,3.

I am really desperate for advice due to the fact that i have done what I can, and the fact that this computer has costed me all my saved money (16 years old gamer).
I really hope someone out there can help me.
Cheers Jakob

Specs:
Motherboard Asrock z78
Core i5 quad 3550
GPU Radeon HD7850
Corsair Vengeance 8GB ddr3 RAM

More about : gpu suddenly working

July 3, 2012 6:33:36 PM

EDIT: Somehow my Batamn Arkham City demo is still working at high graphics, I am just about to reinstall directX etc...
July 3, 2012 6:41:37 PM

Did you remove your graphics drivers first? IE, boot up in safe mode and delete the drivers?
Related resources
July 3, 2012 6:44:48 PM

babernet_1 said:
Did you remove your graphics drivers first? IE, boot up in safe mode and delete the drivers?

Yes i had the drivers uninstalled when i installed one or two times, how do i boot up in safe mode?
July 3, 2012 6:58:16 PM

Use the 12.7beta drivers... they are exceptional drivers.

1) Download Driver Sweeper here.
2) Download Catalyst 12.7beta drivers here but don't install.
3) Custom uninstall AMD software through the "Control Panel" and select everything and reboot.
4) Run Driver Sweeper and clean AMD drivers and reboot.
5) Re-install CCC and reboot.
July 3, 2012 7:17:45 PM

RussK1 said:
Use the 12.7beta drivers... they are exceptional drivers.

1) Download Driver Sweeper here.
2) Download Catalyst 12.7beta drivers here but don't install.
3) Custom uninstall AMD software through the "Control Panel" and select everything and reboot.
4) Run Driver Sweeper and clean AMD drivers and reboot.
5) Re-install CCC and reboot.

Im doing this right now but due to my lag of english im wondering what you mean with "re-install "CCC" "
July 3, 2012 8:02:22 PM

All done!
I think the problem has been solved, my Diablo 3 runs normally, and i am currently checking if my steam games work propably.
Thank you very much RussK1! You made my day! :bounce: 
Jakob
July 3, 2012 9:45:15 PM

You're welcome buddy! And welcome to the forums!

Peace!