PC to TV connection problem, no signal using vga

I have been watching the movies from Netflix through my PC to my TV just fine,today it is telling me no signal on my TV i have checked all connections they are fine. the movie shows on my PC but wont show anymore on my TV, please help.
25 answers Last reply
More about connection problem signal
  1. Have you tried changing the computer's screen resolution to a lower level?
  2. danny2000 said:
    Have you tried changing the computer's screen resolution to a lower level?

No Danny how do i do that
  3. You can right-click on your Windows Desktop and then select "Screen Resolution" and adjust the bar lower than what it is set at.
  4. I tried that I was able to figure that out and I have on the lowest resolution and it still won't work
  5. I can't think of anything else....
    hmmm... when you go into display properties (where you set the resolution) on the pc, does it show as having two monitors hooked-up?
  6. Yes one and two one is primary
  7. Okay, I am at loss. Maybe it is a setting on the tv or remote.
  8. I put it on RGB that is where it has always worked is there anything else you could think of
  9. What happens When you disconnect your primary monitor and just leave the TV connected?
  10. It won't disconnect both monitors completed leave one of the other has to be connected in fact the desktop the computer is on the TV screen where I can use the mouse on the TV screen when i bring up Netflix or anything else my monitor screen on the TV never changes only changes on the computer
  11. I don't really understand what you are saying.
    One thing that you could try, is to do a Windows System Restore to a period of about 2 days ago.
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
  12. That did not work thank you so much for all your help I'm just going to go back to get the discs in the mail from Netflix
  13. meducare64 said:
    That did not work thank you so much for all your help I'm just going to go back to get the discs in the mail from Netflix

it must be a setting on the TV itself.

If you had a blueray or DVD player with wifi or network, you could use that to play Netflix on the tv too.
  14. I have a DVD player which I watch my DVDs from Netflix on I also have wireless Internet
  15. Yeah, what I meant was that the dvd player should have wireless or wired internet connection.
  16. It sounds like an input problem to the TV, meaning a setting on the TV menu is at fault since it worked before. I'm a little confused myself, does the desktop show up on your TV still? If it does, their shouldn't be a problem and resolution wouldn't be a factor except the picture would look funky.

His DVD player may not have a wired or wireless connection.

/
  17. thee_prisoner said:
    It sounds like an input problem to the TV, meaning a setting on the TV menu is at fault since it worked before. I'm a little confused myself, does the desktop show up on your TV still? If it does, their shouldn't be a problem and resolution wouldn't be a factor except the picture would look funky.

His DVD player may not have a wired or wireless connection.

/

Yes, that is what I said above also. It has to be a setting on the TV or cable/satalite box.
  18. No it does not show up anymore my screen is blue on the TV saying no signal
  19. No I cancelled the streaming and went back to dvd
  20. I still say it was a setting on the TV or your cable/satalite box.
  21. No it was the f6 button on the lap top it has two little
    Monitors on it pressed it and it worked
  22. meducare64 said:
    No it was the f6 button on the lap top it has two little
    Monitors on it pressed it and it worked

you said it was a desktop, otherwise I would have suggested that. It toggles through the various video outputs.

Glad to see that you got it to work finally.
  23. Thanks for your help
  24. meducare64 said:
    Thanks for your help

You're welcome. "We now return you to regularly-scheduled program." lol
  25. Lol ha ha ha
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Movies Connection VGA Graphics