Nokia 6230 battery

i got a N6230 about six days back... i feel that the battery drains
faster than normal... the meter stays full for around two days, and
then when i swtich the phone on the third day, suddenly it has gone
down to about 5 remaining units... anybody has any idea why this
happens?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 battery

    "Aravinda Paranagama" <aravinda.sahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >i got a N6230 about six days back... i feel that the battery drains
    > faster than normal... the meter stays full for around two days, and
    > then when i swtich the phone on the third day, suddenly it has gone
    > down to about 5 remaining units... anybody has any idea why this
    > happens?
    >
    > Thanks

    The batteries are'nt that good at the best of times (being an owner) what
    firmware is the phone using??

    Cheers,

    Dave

    On 2 Sep 2004 21:52:50 -0700, aravinda.sahan@gmail.com (Aravinda
    Paranagama) wrote:

    >i got a N6230 about six days back... i feel that the battery drains
    >faster than normal... the meter stays full for around two days, and
    >then when i swtich the phone on the third day, suddenly it has gone
    >down to about 5 remaining units... anybody has any idea why this
    >happens?

    I noticed that also. If you have bluetooth on all the time it will
    drain faster, so turn if off if you're not using it.

    I agree that the battery indicator is a bit strange. Mine shows almost
    full for a couple of days, then drops straight to two pips. After that
    it goes from giving the first warning beep to being completely
    discharged within a couple of hours.

    Chris

    "Aravinda Paranagama" <aravinda.sahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > i got a N6230 about six days back... i feel that the battery drains
    > faster than normal... the meter stays full for around two days, and
    > then when i swtich the phone on the third day, suddenly it has gone
    > down to about 5 remaining units... anybody has any idea why this
    > happens?

    yes the battery life on a 6230 is bad

    live with it or throw it away

    > Thanks
  4. cmens_87

    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1

    Hi, My 6230i, brought off eBay from England made in Germany and I live in Nigeria, i has a problem that it “seems” not to hold its charge. When I recharge the phone, sometimes overnight, it requires me to turn the phone off then back on for it to show full charge on the display. Then in only a matter of hours idle time it indicates low battery needing recharging again. If I turn it off/on again the indicator shows full charge this time it only needs me to go into the menu for it to lose the charge. I am lost I have tried 2 new batteries and 2 chargers and as the phone is from OS my Nokia repairer will not look at it but did suggest maybe a software update??!!??. Please any help it’s driving me crazy having to recharge every day.
    the code is 0526822
    358368/00/9065330/0

Nokia Battery