Nokia 6230 battery

Last response: in Brands
September 3, 2004 1:52:50 AM

i got a N6230 about six days back... i feel that the battery drains
faster than normal... the meter stays full for around two days, and
then when i swtich the phone on the third day, suddenly it has gone
down to about 5 remaining units... anybody has any idea why this
happens?

Thanks

More about : nokia 6230 battery

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 7:32:31 PM

"Aravinda Paranagama" <aravinda.sahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i got a N6230 about six days back... i feel that the battery drains
> faster than normal... the meter stays full for around two days, and
> then when i swtich the phone on the third day, suddenly it has gone
> down to about 5 remaining units... anybody has any idea why this
> happens?
>
> Thanks

The batteries are'nt that good at the best of times (being an owner) what
firmware is the phone using??

Cheers,

Dave
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 7:52:32 PM

On 2 Sep 2004 21:52:50 -0700, aravinda.sahan@gmail.com (Aravinda
Paranagama) wrote:

>i got a N6230 about six days back... i feel that the battery drains
>faster than normal... the meter stays full for around two days, and
>then when i swtich the phone on the third day, suddenly it has gone
>down to about 5 remaining units... anybody has any idea why this
>happens?

I noticed that also. If you have bluetooth on all the time it will
drain faster, so turn if off if you're not using it.

I agree that the battery indicator is a bit strange. Mine shows almost
full for a couple of days, then drops straight to two pips. After that
it goes from giving the first warning beep to being completely
discharged within a couple of hours.

Chris
September 4, 2004 11:42:26 AM

"Aravinda Paranagama" <aravinda.sahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> i got a N6230 about six days back... i feel that the battery drains
> faster than normal... the meter stays full for around two days, and
> then when i swtich the phone on the third day, suddenly it has gone
> down to about 5 remaining units... anybody has any idea why this
> happens?

yes the battery life on a 6230 is bad

live with it or throw it away

> Thanks
August 16, 2010 9:46:40 PM

cmens_87

Jan 2006
Posts
1

Hi, My 6230i, brought off eBay from England made in Germany and I live in Nigeria, i has a problem that it “seems” not to hold its charge. When I recharge the phone, sometimes overnight, it requires me to turn the phone off then back on for it to show full charge on the display. Then in only a matter of hours idle time it indicates low battery needing recharging again. If I turn it off/on again the indicator shows full charge this time it only needs me to go into the menu for it to lose the charge. I am lost I have tried 2 new batteries and 2 chargers and as the phone is from OS my Nokia repairer will not look at it but did suggest maybe a software update??!!??. Please any help it’s driving me crazy having to recharge every day.
the code is 0526822
358368/00/9065330/0
!