Sign in with
Your question

Cooler for NZXT 410

Last response: in Components
January 6, 2013 8:35:01 AM

Hi again guys!

I am looking to see what i can fit over my 3570k, planning on pushing it to 4.5 ghz. only thing is... i have 16 gb of quad channel vengance (not low profile) so a noctua nh d14 is out of the question. I have a nzxt 410 case (mid tower). price range is around £50-60 (willing to go a little higher if really recommending a piece of kit that will do the job better.

Thanks!!

Adam

More about : cooler nzxt 410

January 6, 2013 3:31:50 PM

Ermmmm best choice is to go with a cooler which is quite high off the CPU or go with liquid cooling such as H80 or H70.
January 7, 2013 9:28:51 PM

decided to go for the h100i as it has been massively improved over the original H series and doesn't protrude into the case in the same way that the h80i does (and i can also add a push/pull config on it for extra temp drops if i want to!
Related resources
January 7, 2013 10:12:28 PM

The H100i will only fit into your case in a push OR pull config, not push pull. It will still do a great job though. I have a h100 in mine, in push config, and two input fans on the front help it out.
January 8, 2013 5:15:12 AM

Burgies said:
The H100i will only fit into your case in a push OR pull config, not push pull. It will still do a great job though. I have a h100 in mine, in push config, and two input fans on the front help it out.

i have seen it done before... order was Case>Push>rad>Pull.

Personally, i don't like the idea of leaving it as pull only and extracting the heat towards the inside of the case, it just doesn't make sense to me, good to hear that it can be fitted in a push config.

Just wondering if you went with Push>case>Rad or Case>Push>Rad as i have heard that these perform best when the rads are touching case. also, where have you put yours? for me it is a toss up between top and front. pics if you can?

Thanks!
January 8, 2013 7:44:26 PM

Sorry to go off topic, but I had a question in regards to the 410 and h100i. Would it be okay to have 2 140mm fans on top in conjunction with the radiator? Which would be fans - > chasis - > radiator (outside to inside).

I have the exact setup as the OP and JUST ordered an h100i as well. Curious to hear what config will give the best results!

Thanks
January 8, 2013 8:52:02 PM

To the guy above me, there is only 120mm mounts on the top of the case, thats from memory. Its been a while since ive looked in there.

As for the config and placing. I put the radiator on the top in the shrowd. NXZT are kind enough to leave a cut out for the hosing at each end. I placed the rad on the top, with the hosing end facing the front, to keep it away from the rear fan.

It took me a while to figure out how to mount it, but it went something like this.
I placed the rad on the top, with the pump already lowered into the case. I wanted to ensure the rad could be mounted before taking off the cover from the cooler block so I could return it if needed.

Once that was roughly in place, with the case on its side, I put the fans up against the case, so in order from the inside to outside was fan > case > rad. My fans had mounts that went the whole way through. I used the screws that came with them to go (from the inside of the case pointing out) through the fan, through the mounting holes on the case, and into the rad. Just make sure the screws arent so long that they will screw into the radiator fins. This would obviously cause a lot of issues. Before screwing them in, have a look at which sets of holes in the case you are using to make sure that they all line up.

I hope this helps, i dont have pics with me atm. Just on a side note, I didnt plug any of the fans into the plugs on the pump. I kept them plugged into the fan controller as personal preference. I only have a H100, not sure what the advantages of it are so might want to look into it.

- Burgies.
January 23, 2013 2:05:28 PM

the case has space for 2x 140mm fans at the top. only problem you will have is that if you put radiator inside of the case with the 2 fans attached on the inside, they will block out all of your ram slots (or possibly not fit at all!)
!