Sign in with
Your question

Gaming PC, First Time Builder ~$750

Last response: in Systems
August 22, 2012 8:16:51 PM

Hey there!

So I'm a first time builder and don't have a ton of knowledge when it comes to a lot of this stuff and I'm a little cautious as far as not completely understanding how to know which components are compatible with others. I would really appreciate any help/advice you might be able to offer! Also, I'm starting with nothing so I will be needing to purchase everything, except for possibly the OS.

The main reason I'm buying a PC is to play Guild Wars 2, a Massive-Multiplayer-Online-Role-Playing Game. My Macbook Pro worked well enough for GW1 using Crossover, but I'm unsure that it could handle GW2. Furthermore, GW2 is still unsupported by Crossover.

On to the details..

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Within 3-4 weeks

Budget Range: preferably $600-750

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies, Web surfing

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, I would like to buy a monitor on the larger end that supports 1920x1080 res

Parts to Upgrade: N/A

Do you need to buy OS: Yes, I believe the "minimum" is XP, does that mean Windows 7 or 8 would work?

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Parts Preferences: N/A

Overclocking: Yes, although I'm not sure how to do so

SLI or Crossfire: I don't know much about this, but I'm assuming it isn't going to be necessary unless I were wanting a much badder gaming pc

Your Monitor Resolution: Looking to buy a 1920x1080 res monitor

Additional Comments: Guess I jumped the gun on this section, additional comments above

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: N/A

Thank you for taking the time to check this out and for any help you might be able to provide!
August 22, 2012 8:39:03 PM

What you want wont happen.

$500 Budget Rig

Add in windows 7, and a decent, but not as big as you want, monitor and you have hit your budget.
August 22, 2012 8:41:39 PM

i would save up a bit. I spent $1000 on my gaming rig with no monitor, mouse and so on. Just the tower.

make sure you get what you want and dont cut corners.
August 22, 2012 9:28:15 PM

I'll definitely save up a bit more. Cutting corners isn't worth it in the end. I just can't wait to play this game! :p 

Thanks for the advice guys!
!