Video Card

current system.

3.2 xp
1G fast 400 ddr
GF t1-4200 i think
1280 x 1024, max all settings

Actually, the game runs fine, and i hardly lag running in IF, but have
not raided any.

I have a chance to get a 'BFG Tech 6800GT OC' for 200.00. Would it
improve any performance in WOW over what i have now?
4 answers Last reply
More about video card

    MY SETUP
    ------------
    P4 3.0 ghz
    2gb ddr
    Gigabyte Geforce 6800 GT 256mb
    1280x768 on a 26" Widescreen LCD TV (everything on max)

    The 6800 will kick the snot out of your current card.
    And the 6800 will render the game differently due to the fact that it
    will take advantage of newer technology, and make WoW look breathtaking.

    Yes, AGP and plenty of power. I also found this for the noise.
    http://www.systemcooling.com/nv_silencer5-01.html

    thanks
    all for the comments

    On 2005-08-11 22:27:52 +0200, "Looney" <er_c@yahoo.com> said:

    > current system.
    >
    > 3.2 xp
    > 1G fast 400 ddr
    > GF t1-4200 i think
    > 1280 x 1024, max all settings
    >
    > Actually, the game runs fine, and i hardly lag running in IF, but have
    > not raided any.
    >

    > I have a chance to get a 'BFG Tech 6800GT OC' for 200.00. Would it
    > improve any performance in WOW over what i have now?

    I have a very similar system xp3500+, 1Gig Corsair and was running a GF4600Ti

    I just upgraded to the 6800 GT. To be honest, I upgraded in december
    2004, but card was DOA and replacement only arrived last tuesday :(

    I had very little lag before, but entering new areas has become even
    smoother which is according to the extra VRAM imo. Besides that
    framerates are very high and quality has improved significantly. Water
    seems much cooler, all effects are neater, textures are much crisper
    (enabled AF and AA), so I'd say its worth it. Also, if you'd decide in
    the near future you'd play another game (doh!) you might not even be
    able to run it on your GF4...

    Keep in mind what Thomas posted though. GF6800GT eats power like rice
    krispies. So make sure you have at least a 300 Watt PSU in your
    machine, and watch for the AGP connector.

    If you can't install it, buy it anyway and put it on the AH for 300.0
    with a 350.0 buyout. Should be sold in a sec ;-)
    --
    http://www.new-roots.com/
    Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

Graphics Cards World Of Warcraft Video Games Product