In "My Computer" A MAPPED drive's text is blue Win XP

Hi,

I have several mapped drives in "My Computer" approx 6, One of the drives
"G" The text is blue that dicscribes where the drive is mapped to, the rest
are black. I am using Windows XP Pro SP2. Does someone know why this is.

tia
Bert
2 answers Last reply
More about computer mapped drive text blue

    "Bert" <winloxp@btopenworld.com> wrote:

    >I have several mapped drives in "My Computer" approx 6, One of the drives
    >"G" The text is blue that dicscribes where the drive is mapped to, the rest
    >are black. I am using Windows XP Pro SP2. Does someone know why this is.

    Blue file and folder names indicate that this data is compressed. See
    "How to Use File Compression in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307987).

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    Great stuff, thanks for your help and link

    Bert

    "Bert" <winloxp@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have several mapped drives in "My Computer" approx 6, One of the drives
    > "G" The text is blue that dicscribes where the drive is mapped to, the
    > rest are black. I am using Windows XP Pro SP2. Does someone know why this
    > is.
    >
    > tia
    > Bert

Configuration Computers Customization Windows XP