I5 3570k temp issues help!

motella

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hi Just installed my i5 3570k the other day with a H70 liquid cooler (with 2x fans á 2k rpm) and when I run the Coretemp program I see that my core's temp vary quite a bit.

c1 c2 c3 c4
36 21 34 31

One is cool like crazy whereas the other are a bit more hot, especially the first core. Should I worry about it? or what shoudl I do?

Thansk in advance

Where is the problem?

Those temps are more than fine. As long as idle temps doesn't goes beyond 50 celsius I wouldn't be scared.

With stock cooler the temps are around 40 celcius. Try to monitor under load and if those goes beyond 67 celcius then you might consider to check if you have corretly installed the cooler.

motella

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
well I'm still w8ing for my gfx cards so I havent played any demanding games more than tf2 but the temps doest change that much , barely above 40 degrees.

Not sure if I want to run prime95 as I A. dont know how long to run the program and B. I'm a complete newbie on OC and all programs that follows with it.

Thanks btw for ur responses

Temperatures under load that stays below 67.4 celsius is great. Ivy-bridge CPUs Works best under that temperature. At most times your CPU won't even reach that temperature you got now at stock when you overclock it. There almost aren't any apps that makes your CPU go to 100% usage in real World usage right now, so you'll be fine. :)

Lokordd

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
No clue why one core is so much cooler, but your temps are great! Thinking I should get one of those coolers and put my air cooler on my wife's comp.