What Fan Adapter Do I Need??

jamesclark1991

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I have two 120mm case fans on my bitfenix prodigy case. But I only have one fan connector on my mobo (which is being used by the CPU).

So I bought this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamode-Pin-Molex-Adpaters-Cable/dp/B004US30AK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Under the impression that it was exactly what I needed. I connected both the 3-pin fan leads to it and nothing works and upon looking at the cable's connectors there's only 2-pins in the sockets.

I'm guessing I've bought the wrong cable and need something else. First of all, what cable do I actually need? and secondly, what is this cable which I've bought actually used for? :L

I should note I have 2 free molex and one 6-pin PCI available from my PSU.

The adapter should work. The yellow cables carry 12V so use one of the 3 pins connectors with a yellow cable and make sure when connecting it that black goes to black and yellow to the middle one (red I think) The third one is for control and will not be connected.

jamesclark1991

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

There's only one way of connecting it as there's a molded shape on both connectors, and I've tried the yellow and red connectors and neither work :/