PC health check Question

G

Do these voltage readings indicate that the PSU is working properly, or does it seem like there could be an issue? I'm mostly concerned with the 12V reading that i'm getting
3.3V I got 3.325
5V I got 5.003
12V I got 11.968 sometimes saw it drop for about a millisecond to 11.8xx

HWmonitor however shows completely different readings! for the 12V it says that its only 8.2 and if that was try I doubt the system would even boot.

Here are the specs for my system

Corsair TX850 PSU
i5 2400 @ 3.1ghz 3.4ghz turbo
Nvidia gtx 680
8gb Corsair vengeance ram
MSI z77a gd65 motherboard

Also do you guys think that the TX850 is a good enough power supply to be able to sufficiently run what I currently have, or do I need to upgrade that to something better? I bought a gtx560ti with this PSU and everything else so I was sure at the time that the Corsair 850W is more than enough. In the future I'm planning to upgrade my cpu to an i7 and I'm assuming that i'll have to upgrade my psu regardless, but I still want to know what you guys think.

Solution
The power supply is more than enough, and the first set of readings are well within spec.

Are you experiencing any instability?
G

@Mi1ez to answer your question, I basically started looking at the PSU for problems after I noticed that my core voltage remained at 1.256 - 1.268 while having the enhanced turbo boost on and running prime95. This was a major concern to me because I thought that the core voltage should never exceed 1.16 with this clock speed. I was going to try to turn off PLL overvoltage option off in the bios, but I decided not to. The temperature for this cpu at idle goes from 30-39c and load from 55-62c (while the 3.4ghz boost is on). I wasn't sure why the cpu was taking more than it needs so I looked at the PC health check tab in the bios and I noticed that the 12v is at 11.9 so it got me really worried and I'm glad to know that they're actually within spec. And no, the computer isn't showing any real sign of instability.
Thanks for the quick replies.

G

oh, I thought it had to stay at 12 or slightly above, didn't know there was a tolerance for a lower number. Thanks for the info.

TRENDING THREADS