How phonebook from 6310i to 6230

Can someone please tell me the best software on a PC for transferring the
phonebook in the phone's memory not on the sim card from a 6310i to a 6230
using infrared link.
Many thanks
Paul
6 answers Last reply
More about phonebook 6310i 6230

    On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:03:46 +0000 (UTC), Paul Pearce
    <ppearce@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >Can someone please tell me the best software on a PC for transferring the
    >phonebook in the phone's memory not on the sim card from a 6310i to a 6230
    >using infrared link.

    Sync the i with Outlook/Outlook Express, then sync the 6230...
    --
    Munch

    Why not just use the content copier in Nokia Data Suite? It's on the CD
    that came with the phone are can be downloaded from Nokia's website.

    Oh if it were so easy. This software does not allow you to do this, the two
    phone books don't seem to be compatible. I downloaded Oxygen for a pc and
    that did it. On the Mac it is very easy, then it would be, I used Phone
    Director and Phone Agent

    "Paul Pearce" <ppearce@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Oh if it were so easy. This software does not allow you to do this, the
    two
    > phone books don't seem to be compatible. I downloaded Oxygen for a pc and
    > that did it. On the Mac it is very easy, then it would be, I used Phone
    > Director and Phone Agent
    >

    > On 5/9/04 6:52 pm, in article chfjpp$qdh$1@hercules.btinternet.com,
    > "Richard" <foo@bar.baz> wrote:
    >
    > > Why not just use the content copier in Nokia Data Suite? It's on the CD
    > > that came with the phone are can be downloaded from Nokia's website.

    Strange. I've just copied my 6310i phonebook to a 6100 using PC Suite 6.
    PC Suite seems to get in a mess if you don't uninstall any previous version
    first ;)

    Paul Pearce <ppearce@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<BD5DD5E0.81F1%ppearce@btinternet.com>...
    > Can someone please tell me the best software on a PC for transferring the
    > phonebook in the phone's memory not on the sim card from a 6310i to a 6230
    > using infrared link.
    > Many thanks
    > Paul

    We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II (
    http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using our software you can read, create new,
    delete unwanted, save and upload phonebook entries, export phonebook
    to various formats (Excel, Word, Outlook, Windows Address book, Lotus
    Notes). Also our software allows to synchronize your phone's calendar,
    to-do list, SMS messages, JAVA (for firmware versions below 4.28 for
    Nokia 6230). Oxygen Phone Manager II supports bluetooth connection for
    the both models and DLR-3 (DLR-3p) cable connection for Nokia 6310i.
    Now we are also working under DKU-2 connection for Nokia 6230 (not
    supported yet).

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Richard <foo@bar.baz> muttered something about:

    > "Paul Pearce" <ppearce@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> Oh if it were so easy. This software does not allow you to do this,
    >> the two phone books don't seem to be compatible. I downloaded Oxygen
    >> for a pc and that did it. On the Mac it is very easy, then it would
    >> be, I used Phone Director and Phone Agent
    >>
    > Strange. I've just copied my 6310i phonebook to a 6100 using PC
    > Suite 6. PC Suite seems to get in a mess if you don't uninstall any
    > previous version first ;)

    I think there might be something to do with the fact that a 6230 isn't a
    6100 ;p

Nokia