How phonebook from 6310i to 6230

Tags:
  • Nokia
Last response: in Brands
September 3, 2004 11:03:46 AM

Can someone please tell me the best software on a PC for transferring the
phonebook in the phone's memory not on the sim card from a 6310i to a 6230
using infrared link.
Many thanks
Paul

More about : phonebook 6310i 6230

September 3, 2004 11:59:19 PM

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:03:46 +0000 (UTC), Paul Pearce
<ppearce@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Can someone please tell me the best software on a PC for transferring the
>phonebook in the phone's memory not on the sim card from a 6310i to a 6230
>using infrared link.

Sync the i with Outlook/Outlook Express, then sync the 6230...
--
Munch
September 5, 2004 9:52:57 PM

Why not just use the content copier in Nokia Data Suite? It's on the CD
that came with the phone are can be downloaded from Nokia's website.
September 6, 2004 10:32:58 AM

Oh if it were so easy. This software does not allow you to do this, the two
phone books don't seem to be compatible. I downloaded Oxygen for a pc and
that did it. On the Mac it is very easy, then it would be, I used Phone
Director and Phone Agent

On 5/9/04 6:52 pm, in article chfjpp$qdh$1@hercules.btinternet.com,
"Richard" <foo@bar.baz> wrote:

> Why not just use the content copier in Nokia Data Suite? It's on the CD
> that came with the phone are can be downloaded from Nokia's website.

September 6, 2004 3:20:37 PM

"Paul Pearce" <ppearce@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Oh if it were so easy. This software does not allow you to do this, the
two
> phone books don't seem to be compatible. I downloaded Oxygen for a pc and
> that did it. On the Mac it is very easy, then it would be, I used Phone
> Director and Phone Agent
>

> On 5/9/04 6:52 pm, in article chfjpp$qdh$1@hercules.btinternet.com,
> "Richard" <foo@bar.baz> wrote:
>
> > Why not just use the content copier in Nokia Data Suite? It's on the CD
> > that came with the phone are can be downloaded from Nokia's website.

Strange. I've just copied my 6310i phonebook to a 6100 using PC Suite 6.
PC Suite seems to get in a mess if you don't uninstall any previous version
first ;)
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 12:06:48 PM

Paul Pearce <ppearce@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<BD5DD5E0.81F1%ppearce@btinternet.com>...
> Can someone please tell me the best software on a PC for transferring the
> phonebook in the phone's memory not on the sim card from a 6310i to a 6230
> using infrared link.
> Many thanks
> Paul

We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II (
http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using our software you can read, create new,
delete unwanted, save and upload phonebook entries, export phonebook
to various formats (Excel, Word, Outlook, Windows Address book, Lotus
Notes). Also our software allows to synchronize your phone's calendar,
to-do list, SMS messages, JAVA (for firmware versions below 4.28 for
Nokia 6230). Oxygen Phone Manager II supports bluetooth connection for
the both models and DLR-3 (DLR-3p) cable connection for Nokia 6310i.
Now we are also working under DKU-2 connection for Nokia 6230 (not
supported yet).

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 12:57:26 AM

Richard <foo@bar.baz> muttered something about:

> "Paul Pearce" <ppearce@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Oh if it were so easy. This software does not allow you to do this,
>> the two phone books don't seem to be compatible. I downloaded Oxygen
>> for a pc and that did it. On the Mac it is very easy, then it would
>> be, I used Phone Director and Phone Agent
>>
> Strange. I've just copied my 6310i phonebook to a 6100 using PC
> Suite 6. PC Suite seems to get in a mess if you don't uninstall any
> previous version first ;)

I think there might be something to do with the fact that a 6230 isn't a
6100 ;p
!