  • Internet Explorer
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
June 24, 2005 7:43:31 AM

Internet explorer on my laptop, where I have StyleXP installed.
Ever since I started playing around with the Icon themes, Internet
Explorer started displaying a "broken" icon in the address bar next to
the URL. By "broken" I mean the default icon when there is no icon,
just a little white page. Initially IE displays the little URL "e" but
once I surf anywhere, it always changes to the broken icon.

I have googled this topic to death, and read just a couple of posts
with the same problem, but never any replies.

Any thoughts? At this point, I'm almost ready to just reinstall
Windows (and trash StyleXP).

Thanks, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

---Atreju---

More about : stylexp ruined

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 7:43:32 AM

Atreju wrote:
> Internet explorer on my laptop, where I have StyleXP installed.
> Ever since I started playing around with the Icon themes, Internet
> Explorer started displaying a "broken" icon in the address bar next to
> the URL. By "broken" I mean the default icon when there is no icon,
> just a little white page. Initially IE displays the little URL "e" but
> once I surf anywhere, it always changes to the broken icon.
>
> I have googled this topic to death, and read just a couple of posts
> with the same problem, but never any replies.
>
> Any thoughts? At this point, I'm almost ready to just reinstall
> Windows (and trash StyleXP).
>
> Thanks, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

TweakUI, Repair Icons..

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:02:52 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
<newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:

>Atreju wrote:
>> Internet explorer on my laptop, where I have StyleXP installed.
>> Ever since I started playing around with the Icon themes, Internet
>> Explorer started displaying a "broken" icon in the address bar next to
>> the URL. By "broken" I mean the default icon when there is no icon,
>> just a little white page. Initially IE displays the little URL "e" but
>> once I surf anywhere, it always changes to the broken icon.
>>
>> I have googled this topic to death, and read just a couple of posts
>> with the same problem, but never any replies.
>>
>> Any thoughts? At this point, I'm almost ready to just reinstall
>> Windows (and trash StyleXP).
>>
>> Thanks, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>
>TweakUI, Repair Icons..
>
>--
>Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

That was the first thing I tried. Several times. No good.

Anything else?

---Atreju---
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 12:31:41 PM

Hi Atreju,

Sounds like one of your themes included a custom browser anim. To change it
back to default...

START > RUN > gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Windows Settings > Internet
Explorer Maintenance >
Browser User Interface > Custom Logo <

Once you arrive at this panel, just uncheck the "Customise the animated
bitmaps" box

Hope this helps

Andy

"Atreju" <someone@who.hates.junkmail> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:02:52 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
> <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 8:04:10 PM

Atreju wrote:
> Internet explorer on my laptop, where I have StyleXP installed.
> Ever since I started playing around with the Icon themes, Internet
> Explorer started displaying a "broken" icon in the address bar next to
> the URL. By "broken" I mean the default icon when there is no icon,
> just a little white page. Initially IE displays the little URL "e" but
> once I surf anywhere, it always changes to the broken icon.
>
> I have googled this topic to death, and read just a couple of posts
> with the same problem, but never any replies.
>
> Any thoughts? At this point, I'm almost ready to just reinstall
> Windows (and trash StyleXP).
>
> Thanks, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>

> ---Atreju---

And why are you whining here and not asking the developer? Just because
you're running the software under XP, doesn't mean this is the correct place
to ask about it.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:07:34 AM

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:04:10 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<test@test.com> wrote:

>Atreju wrote:
>> Internet explorer on my laptop, where I have StyleXP installed.
>> Ever since I started playing around with the Icon themes, Internet
>> Explorer started displaying a "broken" icon in the address bar next to
>> the URL. By "broken" I mean the default icon when there is no icon,
>> just a little white page. Initially IE displays the little URL "e" but
>> once I surf anywhere, it always changes to the broken icon.
>>
>> I have googled this topic to death, and read just a couple of posts
>> with the same problem, but never any replies.
>>
>> Any thoughts? At this point, I'm almost ready to just reinstall
>> Windows (and trash StyleXP).
>>
>> Thanks, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>>

>> ---Atreju---
>
>And why are you whining here and not asking the developer? Just because
>you're running the software under XP, doesn't mean this is the correct place
>to ask about it.

I'm not whining, I am inquiring. And I am doing it because this is a
PUBLIC forum, intended for the free exchange of information.

What crawled up your ass, bitch?

---Atreju---
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:08:05 PM

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:07:34 GMT, Atreju <someone@who.hates.junkmail>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:04:10 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
><test@test.com> wrote:
>
>>Atreju wrote:
>>> Internet explorer on my laptop, where I have StyleXP installed.
>>> Ever since I started playing around with the Icon themes, Internet
>>> Explorer started displaying a "broken" icon in the address bar next to
>>> the URL. By "broken" I mean the default icon when there is no icon,
>>> just a little white page. Initially IE displays the little URL "e" but
>>> once I surf anywhere, it always changes to the broken icon.
>>>
>>> I have googled this topic to death, and read just a couple of posts
>>> with the same problem, but never any replies.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts? At this point, I'm almost ready to just reinstall
>>> Windows (and trash StyleXP).
>>>
>>> Thanks, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>>>

>>> ---Atreju---
>>
>>And why are you whining here and not asking the developer? Just because
>>you're running the software under XP, doesn't mean this is the correct place
>>to ask about it.
>>

>I'm not whining, I am inquiring. And I am doing it because this is a
>PUBLIC forum, intended for the free exchange of information.
>
>What crawled up your ass, bitch?
>

>---Atreju---

While her "advice" was rather harsh and impolite, it was still good
advice.

For problems with StyleXP, go to http://www.tgtsoft.com
Or, support@tgtsoft.com

Many of StyleXP's functions can easily munge up your XP installation,
if you are not careful. I advise not using the icon functions, the XP
Start Screen functions (any part of StyleXP which changes your boot
files should be left alone.)

NOTE that emailing TgtSoft support, while slow, usually gets an answer
in a few days.

You might try uninstalling StyleXP. This will usually restore your
system to the state it was in before you installed StyleXP. Or, try
using System Restore to a date earlier than when you first installed
StyleXP the first time.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that others may be instructed or informed
June 25, 2005 12:24:21 PM

Atreju wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:04:10 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
> <test@test.com> wrote:
>
>> Atreju wrote:
>>> Internet explorer on my laptop, where I have StyleXP installed.
>>> Ever since I started playing around with the Icon themes, Internet
>>> Explorer started displaying a "broken" icon in the address bar next
>>> to the URL. By "broken" I mean the default icon when there is no
>>> icon, just a little white page. Initially IE displays the little
>>> URL "e" but once I surf anywhere, it always changes to the broken
>>> icon.
>>>
>>> I have googled this topic to death, and read just a couple of posts
>>> with the same problem, but never any replies.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts? At this point, I'm almost ready to just reinstall
>>> Windows (and trash StyleXP).
>>>
>>> Thanks, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>>>

>>> ---Atreju---
>>
>> And why are you whining here and not asking the developer? Just
>> because you're running the software under XP, doesn't mean this is
>> the correct place to ask about it.
>>

> I'm not whining, I am inquiring. And I am doing it because this is a
> PUBLIC forum, intended for the free exchange of information.
>
> What crawled up your ass, bitch?
>

> ---Atreju---

Just ignore her,shes that way all the time and getting worse as time goes
on.

> What crawled up your ass, bitch?
Nothing, and thats her problem!

--