Your question

Do u like my Rigg!?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 22, 2012 10:26:02 PM

Greetings from a new guy :bounce: 

I've reading a lot of threads but now it's my turn!

So this is what I had in mind:

Asus P8z68
i7 3770K
Corsair Vengeance 8gb
HD 7950 crossfire
Corsair HX 850w
2 x ssd OCZ Agility 120gb
Samsung Syncmaster s27a950 120hz

I'll be gaming and doing some photo/video editing. And overclocking the whole beast.

So,

Is pci 3.0 relevent or something for the future?
If we allready can get double the 2.0 speed, where's my bottleneck?
Is 8 gigs of ram enough?
Still any microstutter complaints on the crossfire that u know of? As far as I've read they cleared that up in the spring...

Well, that's pretty much it... Oh! Will my PSU be up to the job. Think I read somewhere that these to cards draw about 48 amps while the HX 850w has 70 amps on the +12V... ( not to sure about the technical stuff here )

ok, so thanks for reading and - hopefully - some inginious response :sol:  :sol: 

More about : rigg

August 22, 2012 10:27:23 PM

Get a Z77 motherboard I'm not sure which one but I hope someone suggest's a good one
August 22, 2012 10:46:40 PM

hellenfort said:
Greetings from a new guy :bounce: 

I've reading a lot of threads but now it's my turn!

So this is what I had in mind:

Asus P8z68
i7 3770K
Corsair Vengeance 8gb
HD 7950 crossfire
Corsair HX 850w
2 x ssd OCZ Agility 120gb
Samsung Syncmaster s27a950 120hz

I'll be gaming and doing some photo/video editing. And overclocking the whole beast.

So,

Is pci 3.0 relevent or something for the future?
If we allready can get double the 2.0 speed, where's my bottleneck?
Is 8 gigs of ram enough?
Still any microstutter complaints on the crossfire that u know of? As far as I've read they cleared that up in the spring...

Well, that's pretty much it... Oh! Will my PSU be up to the job. Think I read somewhere that these to cards draw about 48 amps while the HX 850w has 70 amps on the +12V... ( not to sure about the technical stuff here )

ok, so thanks for reading and - hopefully - some inginious response :sol:  :sol: 

Are you a photographer or a photography hobbyist? I am and I hope I'll be professional photographer some day! I got Canon 60D and Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM. Not that relevant. Check out the computer I'm gonna get next!
http://kuvaton.com/k/YVww.jpg
Opinion? And sorry, some text is in finnish, but I'm sure you work it out. Nice setup that yours. Though I don't like AMD.
August 22, 2012 10:49:37 PM

Hello,

seems nice except go for Z77 chipset and one 240 GB SSD.
August 23, 2012 12:04:14 AM

Hehe No just the odd picture, thats all.

So i like ur build, very nice. Actually still thinking of the gtx 670 but since im going for 2 cards i think ill use the money saved on the 120hz screen.

Soo much smoother, u know. So i suggest u look at the Catleap 27'' which i supposed to give great value with fps oc'd all the way up to 124hz for the
prize of a sad 60hz screen.
!