Touched the top of my Cpu

erykkrol

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hey guys, I brought the intel i5 3570k and while i was waiting for my other parts i decided to have a look at my cpu i got it out of the box and touched the top of my cpu. i was told to NEVER touch the bottom as it may break the pins but thought it was ok to touch the top. it now left some finger print stain. i was told this could impact the cpu performance due to bad cooling.i wish i could upload a picture but my phone doesnt have a decent camera for close up pictures. Could one of you tell me how to clean it off ?
can i just use a nail polish remover ? Thanks :)

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
... There are no more pins on CPUs, they're in your motherboard, DON'T TOUCH THAT OR THE PADS UNDER YOUR CPU. xD But you can touch to top just remember to shine it before putting thermal paste on.

ihsaan96

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Don't worry about touching the top of the CPU. Just make sure you clean it nicely with Isopropyl ( Alcohol over 90% purity ) and make sure it's all shiny and clean :)

ihsaan96

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
All good. Just make sure you don't soak your coffee filter in isopropyl. Just put it ontop of the bottle then tilt it upside down if you know what I mean? Then use a clean filter and dry it up.