Sign in with
Your question

Question About Computer Cases?

Last response: in Components
January 6, 2013 3:09:42 PM

This is going to be my first build, so please excuse any incompetence.

For my gaming rig that I'm going to build, I currently have an Antec Three Hundred mid-tower case. For the fans, I have the 140mm (top) and 120mm (rear) provided, and I also bought another 120mm. I would like to buy 2 more LED 120mm fans to install in the front to cool the hard drives...and make it have an "oooooooh!" feeling while placing the 120mm that I bought in the graphics card section.

1) I ave a TZ77XE3 motherboard, so will it support 5 fan cases?
2) Where would I even install the fans? On the power supply or motherboard? My PSU case these connectors:
1 x 20+4-pin Main Connector
6 x SATA
6 x Peripheral
1 x FDD
1 x 6-pin PCI-E
1 x 6+2-pin PCI-E
1 x 4+4-pin
a c 671 ) Power supply
January 6, 2013 3:45:48 PM

What you can on the board most likely 1 or 2, rest on the PSU using Peripheral (molex)
one connector can handle multiple fans using splitters.
a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2013 3:48:23 PM

That board can only support two case fans and one CPU fan. So unless you get a dedicated fan controller, you will have to connect three of the fans to the PSU.
Fans connected to the PSU will run at 100% speed at all times, if you want to control their speed it will need to be connected to the mobo or a fan controller.

Most fans come with a 3pin - 4pin Molex adapter so that they can be plugged into the power supply directly. From the looks of it you have 6 Molex connectors on the PSU, though that shouldn't matter as its possible to daisy chain adapters off one another.
!