Question About Computer Cases?

This is going to be my first build, so please excuse any incompetence.

For my gaming rig that I'm going to build, I currently have an Antec Three Hundred mid-tower case. For the fans, I have the 140mm (top) and 120mm (rear) provided, and I also bought another 120mm. I would like to buy 2 more LED 120mm fans to install in the front to cool the hard drives...and make it have an "oooooooh!" feeling while placing the 120mm that I bought in the graphics card section.

1) I ave a TZ77XE3 motherboard, so will it support 5 fan cases?
2) Where would I even install the fans? On the power supply or motherboard? My PSU case these connectors:
1 x 20+4-pin Main Connector
6 x SATA
6 x Peripheral
1 x FDD
1 x 6-pin PCI-E
1 x 6+2-pin PCI-E
1 x 4+4-pin
2 answers Last reply
More about question computer cases
  1. What you can on the board most likely 1 or 2, rest on the PSU using Peripheral (molex)
    one connector can handle multiple fans using splitters.
  2. That board can only support two case fans and one CPU fan. So unless you get a dedicated fan controller, you will have to connect three of the fans to the PSU.
    Fans connected to the PSU will run at 100% speed at all times, if you want to control their speed it will need to be connected to the mobo or a fan controller.

Most fans come with a 3pin - 4pin Molex adapter so that they can be plugged into the power supply directly. From the looks of it you have 6 Molex connectors on the PSU, though that shouldn't matter as its possible to daisy chain adapters off one another.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components