Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Recommend me a GPU within price range of 150$ (230$ is max)

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 4, 2012 2:54:25 AM

hi guys! well as the topic says, i would like you guys to recommend me any GPU (Nvidia, ATI. doesn't matter to me. i like them both) within the price range of 150$-230 (230$ being the max). now that doesn't mean that i want the lowest priced card or the highest priced card. it just means that i would like a card with that price range that provides the best bang for buck. here are my PC Specs if it helps you guys decide:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V

PSU: Cooler Master GX Series 750W

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

HDD: Western Digital 320GB

RAM: Corsair XMS 4GB DDR3 1333

Chassis: Cooler Master HAF 922

thanks in advance guys!

More about : recommend gpu price range 150 230 max

a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2012 3:11:03 AM

leonus11 said:
hi guys! well as the topic says, i would like you guys to recommend me any GPU (Nvidia, ATI. doesn't matter to me. i like them both) within the price range of 150$-230 (230$ being the max). now that doesn't mean that i want the lowest priced card or the highest priced card. it just means that i would like a card with that price range that provides the best bang for buck. here are my PC Specs if it helps you guys decide:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V

PSU: Cooler Master GX Series 750W

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

HDD: Western Digital 320GB

RAM: Corsair XMS 4GB DDR3 1333

Chassis: Cooler Master HAF 922

thanks in advance guys!

welp there's the 560 ti, though ones under your budget are clocked at stock or have stock coolers on them. personally, not bad. you could go slightly overbudget, though in the $250 zone, i'd recommend a 7850 instead.

below that, there's the 6870, which performs on equal ground with the 560ti save for maybe some of the more nvidia optimized games. and even then the difference isn't that bad especially with the price it's going at.
m
l
Related resources
July 4, 2012 3:28:11 AM

ehhh............you know what?......screw it! I'm kicking my budget up to 250$! I'll just have to be a bit more conservative is all. besides, in the long run, it'll teach me to make better decisions while saving the most amount of money i can. with that said, i know that alot of Manufacturer's clock their GPU's a bit higher or lower then other's (even if GPU is in the same series). so which one, of the available 7850's on newegg, would you guy's recommend? sorry for pestering you guy's so much but, as i said previously, i REALLY want the GPU that offer's the best bang for buck.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2012 3:42:25 AM

leonus11 said:
ehhh............you know what?......screw it! I'm kicking my budget up to 250$! I'll just have to be a bit more conservative is all. besides, in the long run, it'll teach me to make better decisions while saving the most amount of money i can. with that said, i know that alot of Manufacturer's clock their GPU's a bit higher or lower then other's (even if GPU is in the same series). so which one, of the available 7850's on newegg, would you guy's recommend? sorry for pestering you guy's so much but, as i said previously, i REALLY want the GPU that offer's the best bang for buck.

if you feel like reconsidering again, or have some doubts in the future, let me re-assure you the 6870 and the 560 Ti are still pretty solid GPUs for gaming at 1080p, and given the price, they're quite the value. your motherboard also supports SLI/crossfire @ 8x/8x, and with a 750W PSU (assuming it's a great quality PSU) you've got decent room to SLI two 560Ti's (i'd avoid CF 2x6870's, as i hear they have some bad micro-stuttering) in the future if you ever feel threatened by newer cards.

and as for the 7850, the ones around your budget tend to have stock coolers and clocks. try and read the newegg user review on the EVGA branded ones if there are any. heard they have some fine quality and customer service. otherwise, there's always Asus, Gigabyte, Sapphire and XFX.
July 4, 2012 4:14:02 AM

you know, that's one hell of a point you made there! i forgot i can SLI with the MOBO i got! i guess it's since i'm so used to using a single GPU for gaming. looks like I'm going for the GTX 560Ti! also, as you said, i could always SLI another one if i ever need to do so, so that's VERY reassuring. thanks for all of your help (BOTH of the poster's)! i knew i could count on the people over here on toms hardware!! :D 
m
l
July 4, 2012 4:14:38 AM

Best answer selected by leonus11.
m
l