Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CPU Fan Speed

Last response: in CPUs
January 6, 2013 5:38:52 PM

Hey, I recently upgraded my computer. I switched cases, added a new psu and a new video card. When I booted the computer the bios said to reset the time again so I did. After I hit save the fan speed jolted up to 100% and now it is stuck there. I looked all over the bios for a setting but its seemed to be locked because its a acer locked motherboard. I tried speed fan but that didnt work either. I know I can control the speed because the fan has 4 pins. Any help?

More about : cpu fan speed

Best solution

a c 152 à CPUs
January 6, 2013 7:24:43 PM

kkty5 said:
Hey, I recently upgraded my computer. I switched cases, added a new psu and a new video card. When I booted the computer the bios said to reset the time again so I did. After I hit save the fan speed jolted up to 100% and now it is stuck there. I looked all over the bios for a setting but its seemed to be locked because its a acer locked motherboard. I tried speed fan but that didnt work either. I know I can control the speed because the fan has 4 pins. Any help?

Pull out the CMOS battery and replace it with the same type. You can find those batteries in any supermarket or drug store. That will reset the BIOS and should solve your clock /date problem.
January 7, 2013 12:15:54 AM

Best answer selected by kkty5.
m
l
a c 152 à CPUs
January 7, 2013 12:45:37 AM

Have you had a chance to test what I said above? If so did it work?
m
l
!