I think I'm pretty content with this build but I'm still new to this and would appreciate suggestions. I have a few questions/things I'm unsure about:
1. I've been reading that a ton of people are having issues with the Z77 Extreme4 board and the USB3.0 ports are actually running as 2.0 (might be just the front headers?). Should I steer clear of this board?
2. Someone recently suggested the Fractal R4 case to me, but I was set on the HAF X Full Tower for a while. Does anyone have any opinions or full case/mid or more specifically, the R4 vs. HAF X?
3. Is Gigabyte a safe bet for the 7970 Ghz edition? Or is there maybe another manufacturer who offers a better warranty/people have had better experience with in regards to customer service/RMA processes?
4. Finally, I've been constantly going back and forth between getting a 2700k, 3770k and now the 2500k or 3570k but I really can't decide on one. (I'm starting to get away from the i7s as I don't really need the hyperthreading).
1) Haven't heard about this.
2) I'd go for the HAF X.
3) Gigabyte is great imo.
4) Most people would tell you to go for the 3570k but I'd say 2500k all the way. It's way more overclockable, and that makes up for it being an older architecture.