Gigabyte 6850 low fps

I recently bought a Radeon 6850 and i noticed that the fps in diablo 3 is stable but is very choppy(even on my 19" monitor) and in wow on high settings(not ultra) im getting 20-35 fps on my tv(1080p). my friend's 4890 performs way better at the moment

My Specs:

AMD Phenom X2 II (Unlocked to B55, OC'ed to 3.6 Ghz)
4GB Kingston hyperx blu ram
Xclio Greatpower 500 watt
MSI 760gm-e51 mobo
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 rpm (X2) in Raid 0

The main culprit im guessing is the psu but idk

Thanks in Advance
7 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte 6850
  1. What was your GPU before btw? Did you uninstall, reinstall drivers and used driver sweeper in safe mode?
  2. tell us your friends config
    your processor seems to be bottlenecking
    try to over clock a little more to see whether it fixes the problem or not
  3. ohyouknow said:
    What was your GPU before btw? Did you uninstall, reinstall drivers and used driver sweeper in safe mode?

Before I had a HD 3450 and no i did not clean drivers but im going to right now
  4. panwala95 said:
    tell us your friends config
    your processor seems to be bottlenecking
    try to over clock a little more to see whether it fixes the problem or not

He has a
    Phenom X4 II 955 (stock speed)
    Corsair 700 watts psu
    msi 4890
    ocz vertex 2 ssd 160gb
    Corsair Vengeance 4 gb ram
  5. i had read in some review that perfromance in diablo 3 is greatly increased if installed on a ssd+ your friend has a true quad core processor
    unlocked preocessors are not very reliable and not expected to performe like a true quad core
  6. panwala95 said:
    i had read in some review that perfromance in diablo 3 is greatly increased if installed on a ssd+ your friend has a true quad core processor
    unlocked preocessors are not very reliable and not expected to performe like a true quad core

i was planning to get a ssd soon so ill see if that fixes the diablo problem
  7. your cpu BOTTLENECKING the card, however your friend got a much better CPU than you that is why he's getting better performance, phenom ll x2 are kinda dead.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics