Is this a safe temp for Intel processor?

I have a Intel Core i5 3350p and when i'm playing BF3 the temps go up to a hundred and i am using a stock cooler and i only have 2 case fans (both exhaust on the top) and it is up on a table and the side is open.

Usually while idling it can range from 73 to 75 if i do nothing and usually at 80 if i'm just doing web browsing.
9 answers Last reply
More about safe temp intel processor
  1. If you are talking about 100 Fahrenheit then yes, its a perfectly safe temperature. No need to worry.
  2. I pray to god he is talking in Fahrenheit.

I had an old graphics card that hit 120 Celcius, the Dust melted onto the GPU.

good times.
  3. LOL Sorry yeah i'm talking Fahrenheit.
  4. at some point pick up a evo 212 or a clone type tower cooler. they work better then the stock cooler if your going to game.
  5. yep get yourself a 3rd party cooler if you want lower temps. the 212 EVO with decent fluid dynamic bearing fan will turn a good cooler into a great 1. the reason for the fan change is the stock 1 is way noisy to load.
  6. HEXiT said:
    yep get yourself a 3rd party cooler if you want lower temps. the 212 EVO with decent fluid dynamic bearing fan will turn a good cooler into a great 1. the reason for the fan change is the stock 1 is way noisy to load.

I'm afraid of it being too big and i do not want to take out my entire motherboard
  7. Your Temps are totally fine. Nothing to worry about
  8. Nedal0 said:
    Your Temps are totally fine. Nothing to worry about

At what point should i worry about temperatures being too high?
  9. You should be worried when you start hitting 50°C - 55°C on Idle and 60°C - 65°C on Load
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel Processors