Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire 7970 OC Factory Cooler needed!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 4, 2012 7:45:55 AM

I am in need of some help. I bought a Sapphire 7970 OC version from newegg and UPS brought it to me broken. My stupid self decided to use it and it worked okay... until now. A part of the reference cooler is cracked and broken but that is the ONLY part. Newegg rejected my RMA and I only have Sapphire to go to since UPS refused the claim (even though it was their dumb asses that broke it). What I need is an intact reference cooler that I can switch out so they don't refuse for a broken part. If anybody can link me to where I can buy one, or if someone wants to give me their old one that would be awesome. I also have an arctic cooling VGA cooler ready for my 7970, and I am willing to trade for the factory cooler. Otherwise, I am out $480 which really ruins my day.
a c 91 U Graphics card
July 4, 2012 12:48:25 PM

If its just the cooler that's broken, and not the card, you can just buy a aftermarket cooler and install that. I am surprised that newegg refused your ram though
m
l
a c 115 U Graphics card
July 4, 2012 12:58:40 PM

If UPS broke the card then you need to contact Newegg and tell them that. Newegg is the company that pays UPS, not you.
m
l
Related resources
July 4, 2012 4:44:22 PM

The biggest problem is that I had it past two weeks before I RMA'd. More than likely if I did it before then, I would be okay. I talked to newegg and they said since it was past two weeks it was my fault the card had damage. And I do have an aftermarket cooler, but the card just died yesterday. So no point installing the cooler. I need to have it sent back :/ 
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
July 4, 2012 7:21:35 PM

yeah.. good luck with sapphire man. only option you have left
m
l
!