What processors can work with my HP Pavilion g6-2237cl Notebook PC

Charged280

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Hello, I am very new to upgrading the specs and components on my computer. The processor I have can't run Guild Wars 2, and barely runs games like WarZ, Arma, etc,. Everyone says it is the processor so I am looking to replace mine, but I know only certain motherboards are compatible with certain processors. So I would like to know what kind of processors can work with my motherboard. The computer I have is HP Pavilion g6-2237cl Notebook PC not upgraded. What processors could work with this computer and still run Guild Wars 2 and games like that. The budget I have is 300$.

Thank you

According to HP's website it seems like the only processors that will work is an AMD A6 APU that goes from 2.6 to 3.2 GHz.

Microprocessor

2.7GHz up to 3.2GHz AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor

What exact APU do you have? If you are unsure you can download CPU-Z that will give you all the information you need. Thing is OEM computers are very limited in what can be upgraded and laptops are even more limited. Usually it isn't even worth the time, money and hassle to upgrade a laptop

It is up to you but IMO it is not worth the time, hassle and money to upgrade.You have to use an APU and going to a slightly higer clocked CPU isn't going to make that much of a difference. If you went from an A6 of the same generation clocked at 2.8 to one clocked at 3.2 that is only a 300 MHz difference and really is not going to make much of noticable difference.