AMD Radeon HD 6970 Series

ischoeman

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Hello,
I have i 6970 that's over heating ONLY when i play games or most games. i purchase a big cooling for the card but still crash and restart.
If i don't play games i can work for hour no problem but ones I put Bt3 for exp: within 20 min machine restart. I see that on the catalyst control center in AMD overdrive ones the game is on the temp goes up 70-80C the activity is on 100% and there goes the machine. if i see it now temp is @ 37c and problem @ all.
I have the latest drivers so i know that's not the issue wonder what could it be.

ischoeman

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Hi Guys,
I just found out i can’t play any games in full resolution if i push the 1900+ within 3 sec machine restarts. i know the higher the resolution the better but i guess not for me.

Regards,

The 6970 is a good card that's known for its power efficiency. If yours is crashing at high resolutions you may have another problem in your system such as a bad PSU that's not reliably delivering power. What other components do you have in your machine?

ischoeman

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Hi Pinhedd,
I download the latest ATI drives and i manage to play spec ops the line yesterday and the ghost recon future soldier for about 10 min on 1920 × 1080 not higher than that and it worked, where previously ones you are on any 19 the machine use to shut down, so the new drive is working well hey. i haven’t try on full but yah let c what happens

frans23

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Your problem is not with the graphic card its with the Power supply its not letting you use the power you need to run the graphic card in high resolution cause it may be to weak.