My pc slows down

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Quad Core
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 4, 2012 8:42:53 AM

Hello everyone, i got a problem. while playing games after a while they slow down games include FIFA, romance of the three kingdom XI. Sometimes for playing a while in slow they get on the normal speed themselves. Here are the specs.

Quad core 2.4ghz
mobo dg33fb
nvidia 8600gt 512mb
ram ddr2 2gb

As for specs getting out dated i played the games on the same specs without any problem and this problem just came up

Thanks in advance

More about : slows

a b Î Nvidia
July 4, 2012 9:25:55 AM

Increase the amount of RAM you have in the rig and also change he pagefile size.
I would advise against changing the GPU or upgrading anything, so for the cheapest way , use the RAM road.
Or else....
A new rig is long overdue.... more like on the lines of a quad (you already have it but... newer generations are out) or hexa-core, 8gb of DDR3 and a GPU with DDR5.....
m
l
July 4, 2012 9:26:42 AM

first of all scan your pc of viruses, are you playing those games in max setting.
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
July 4, 2012 9:27:42 AM

Maybe check some of the temps on the card. Maybe a RAM upgrade would be nice as well.
m
l
July 4, 2012 10:08:02 AM

xtreme5 said:
first of all scan your pc of viruses, are you playing those games in max setting.

i have scanned my pac for the viruses there were few but even after cleaning them its the same slowing down, yup these are at max settings
m
l
July 4, 2012 10:09:30 AM

i am on my way for the ram and GPU upgrade, but these are few days ahead here is my upgrade,
4gb ddr3
ati HIS 6850
m
l
July 4, 2012 10:11:03 AM

alyoshka said:
Increase the amount of RAM you have in the rig and also change he pagefile size.
I would advise against changing the GPU or upgrading anything, so for the cheapest way , use the RAM road.
Or else....
A new rig is long overdue.... more like on the lines of a quad (you already have it but... newer generations are out) or hexa-core, 8gb of DDR3 and a GPU with DDR5.....

what is the pagefile size ? how to increase it ?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
July 4, 2012 10:11:55 AM

Are you sure you are going to try to run the DDR3 on your current motherboard? Because at the current moment, it is not going to work. You are going to need to upgrade the board and processor to do so.

Also, what is your power supply?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
July 4, 2012 2:10:36 PM

Before you go and start buying stuff..... especially RAM, you need to make sure it's compatible on the mobo.
A whole list of stuff you're planning on buying would be a better idea since we really can't help you out piece by piece.
First decide:
Are we going to try and solve the slowing down problem or are we going to go for the upgrade process.
m
l
July 4, 2012 6:29:31 PM

rahiarain said:
i have scanned my pac for the viruses there were few but even after cleaning them its the same slowing down, yup these are at max settings

Hmm, the card you have doesn't max the games to run smoothly had you tried with medium setting too?
m
l
July 4, 2012 7:21:52 PM

Deemo13 said:
Are you sure you are going to try to run the DDR3 on your current motherboard? Because at the current moment, it is not going to work. You are going to need to upgrade the board and processor to do so.

Also, what is your power supply?

yup you are right, i selected ASUS P5G41T-M LX as my new mobo and gx 550W as my new power supply. processor wont be upgraded
m
l
July 4, 2012 7:23:29 PM

2707259,10,1051022 said:
Hmm, the card you have doesn't max the games to run smoothly had you tried with medium setting too?[/quotemsg
havent tried changing the settings yet
m
l
July 4, 2012 7:24:13 PM

xtreme5 said:
Hmm, the card you have doesn't max the games to run smoothly had you tried with medium setting too?

havent tried changing the settings yet
m
l
July 4, 2012 7:41:07 PM

alyoshka said:
Before you go and start buying stuff..... especially RAM, you need to make sure it's compatible on the mobo.
A whole list of stuff you're planning on buying would be a better idea since we really can't help you out piece by piece.
First decide:
Are we going to try and solve the slowing down problem or are we going to go for the upgrade process.

Here is what my upgrade plan is:
RAM Kingston DDR3 4gb
PSU GX 550W
GPU Ati HIS 6850
MOBO ASUS P5G41T M - LX

Doesnt include processor as my budget does not allow me, i believe that upgrading the system will help the performance getting better. Not only for the current game obviously
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
July 4, 2012 9:25:22 PM

Thats actually not a bad upgrade path. Nice job!

If you wanted to save some money, I think the Corsair CX500 is cheaper than the GX550.
m
l
July 5, 2012 6:25:53 AM

Deemo13 said:
Thats actually not a bad upgrade path. Nice job!

If you wanted to save some money, I think the Corsair CX500 is cheaper than the GX550.

appreciate your help pal but where i am about to go for the stuff for upgrade they haven't mentioned the one you told on their website, i would ask for this one if they have it. Ati 6850 has the minimum requirement of 500W. Font you think it will affect the GPU ?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
July 5, 2012 7:09:15 AM

Companies usually overstate the power that the graphics card actually needs. I have seen some that can run a HD6850 on a Corsair CX430

That being said, one must have a higher end power supply. I can't recommend enough how imperative a good power supply is. Its kind of the heart of the system. The GX550 is a good power supply, and so is the CX500.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

^here is a list of most of the popular power supplies made today and how they stack up against the others. Anything tier 1 and 2 is good, and some in tier 3, like the Corsair CX series.
m
l
July 5, 2012 9:45:43 AM

Deemo13 said:
Companies usually overstate the power that the graphics card actually needs. I have seen some that can run a HD6850 on a Corsair CX430

That being said, one must have a higher end power supply. I can't recommend enough how imperative a good power supply is. Its kind of the heart of the system. The GX550 is a good power supply, and so is the CX500.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

^here is a list of most of the popular power supplies made today and how they stack up against the others. Anything tier 1 and 2 is good, and some in tier 3, like the Corsair CX series.

thanks alot
m
l
!