Building a currentish computer under 600

Cantstopthemadness

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Im searching aroudnd trying to come up with a decent computer capable of handling 3d design programs such as Mudbox, Daz,A9CAD ect.. as well as a program called Secondlife (memory hog) my budget is 600preferred -700MAX my case got beat up so i need a new case motherboard PSU,CPU, ect ect i have spare optical drives, have my monitor mouse and keyboards already. Im getting a legit copy of windows from someone who works for microsoft and gets dicounted software.. In summary i want a good solid case that can stand up to crappy bagage handlers (it travels in a large rolling suitcase with me) I use a flat screen tv for my monitor so it has to connect via HDMI cable (i have the cable) i dont know much about intel last pcs have always been amd.. also no low brand stuff like acer its not worth the investment. Computer needs to be upgradeable, case needs to be roomy in case i scrounge enough money for a second vido card - more memory ect ect.. i would like base of 16 gigs ram for memory and a cood case with lots of airflow (fans upgradeable a plus) it sits in a tiny air flow restricted cubicle and currently overheats my system half the year when the ac on our building inevitibly blows out.
oh yeah the power supply needs to be at LEAST 500 watts if i plan to get a secondary one and run both in one system at some point in the future Any suggestions PLEASE let me know what you think. im tired of getting 3-400usa emachines and having to replace them every couple of years when they start to fail..

Since you said you were working with 3D, here's an i7 rig -
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($284.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($142.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($103.02 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($36.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair 500W ATX12V Power Supply ($41.98 @ NCIX US)
Total: $699.81
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-27 02:37 EDT-0400)

The board has an HDMI out so you don't have to worry about that.

However, what Video card do you currently have? (if any)

TRENDING THREADS