Where are print screens kept?

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

"Mulligan" <davewilson6969@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:In6Le.354$k92.133@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> I've checked all throughout the wow directory and damned if I can find it.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Mulligan

<wow dir>\Screenshots

They are stored as .tga files though, you may want to convert them to .jpg or
something. There are plenty of programs that can do this. I use photoshop
myself, but i'm sure a google search will find some free converting programs.

Grant wrote:
> "Mulligan" <davewilson6969@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>
>>I've checked all throughout the wow directory and damned if I can find it.
>>
>>Thanks in advance!
>>
>>Mulligan
>>

> <wow dir>\Screenshots
>
> They are stored as .tga files though, you may want to convert them to .jpg or
> something. There are plenty of programs that can do this. I use photoshop
> myself, but i'm sure a google search will find some free converting programs.

I use <http://www.gimp.org/> myself. It is GPL (free) AFAIK. I always
convert my screenshots to .png format since that doesn't reduce the
quality at all and programs like internet explorer and Mozilla can cope
with it. .jpg is smaller though..

You can take screenshots by pressing [Print Screen] on your keyboard,
but the program seems to be making screenshots at interesting times by
itself also.

hth,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR