Sign in with
Your question

How much can I sell this custom built computer?

Last response: in Systems
August 23, 2012 5:48:18 AM

I just finished my build, as some of you may know because i had many topics about it. How much can I sell it for? Its not used at ALL. the only time i booted it up with a monitor is to install the OS. Heres the specs:|

CPU: Intel i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory (RAM): G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory

Storage (Hard Drive): Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card

Case (Tower): Cooler Master Elite 370 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case w/400W Power Supply

Power Supply: SMART Series 850 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

And the OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

Thanks and I put about $1300 into this build, because the Hard drive was shipped broken, and shitty Ncix wouldnt pay me a refund. Then i also recieved the wrong PSU, and NCIX wouldnt take that back either.. :\

I was hoping i could make atleast $200. Lemme know what you think!

More about : sell custom built computer

a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 5:52:04 AM

about 800$ if its used.

Edit: actually no... its more like 750$-725$

Edit2: go here: http://www.pcpartpicker.com and configure a build exacly like the one you have and substract 30%
m
l
August 23, 2012 5:54:05 AM

idroid said:
about 800$ if its used.

Edit2: go here: http://www.pcpartpicker.com and configure a build exacly like the one you have and substract 30%

BS... I just built it for $1300? and its not used
m
l
Related resources
August 23, 2012 5:56:46 AM

idroid said:
about 800$ if its used.

you mean add 30%... ur retarded. Prebuilt computers cost more then building one. Ur just retarded.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 6:03:47 AM

Nic0s411 said:
BS... I just built it for $1300? and its not used

TBH with you what you paid doesn't matter to the buyer...

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($23.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.98 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Thermaltake 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($126.67 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.37 @ Amazon)
Total: $965.94
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 6:04:55 AM

Btw... you suck at picking parts.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 6:05:47 AM

Nic0s411 said:
you mean add 30%... ur retarded. Prebuilt computers cost more then building one. Ur just retarded.

you're the freaking retard, building a PC is only 50$ in most hardware stores, and btw... it's "you mean to add 30%... you retard. Prebuilt computers cost more then building one. You're just retarded.

Fixed*
m
l
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 6:11:53 AM

Nic0s411 said:

I'm questioning your mental status at this point.

Are you old enough to have ever bought and sold a car? Do you have any idea how much the book value of a brand new car depriciates just because you drove it off the lot? (bought it)

It doesn't matter how much you've used it or at all. A "used" computer is a "used" computer. Now, its true you might find someone who will pay full price for it. Quite frankly based on your attitude towards other members, I don't believe you had the trouble with NCIX you claim to have had, something in your story doesn't add up. Either you broke the parts, or you got smartmouth with NCIX to the point they just didn't want to deal with you. Both are likely, but guess which one I'm leaning towards based on what you've demonstrated here?

As far as your specs, $1300 bucks, if you paid that much, and all you got was a 7850 video card, yea, you did get ripped off. Invoice or I put my BS card on the table.
m
l
August 23, 2012 6:13:05 AM

Nic0s411 said:

Thanks and I put about $1300 into this build, because the Hard drive was shipped broken, and shitty Ncix wouldnt pay me a refund. Then i also recieved the wrong PSU, and NCIX wouldnt take that back either.. :\

I was hoping i could make atleast $200. Lemme know what you think!

Are you flipping kidding me? Not only do you want to break even on a build you acknowledge has non-functional components in , with components that are way overpriced (or bullshitted costs to you) you actually expect to turn a profit? I wouldn't buy anything you built yourself lol.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 6:14:35 AM

hahahahahaha i just realized that you bought a case with a PSU (witch sucks btw...) AND you bought ANOTHER PSU (witch has really low quality and its overkill for that setup) and yet I am the retard....

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 6:17:01 AM

nekulturny said:
I'm questioning your mental status at this point.

Are you old enough to have ever bought and sold a car? Do you have any idea how much the book value of a brand new car depriciates just because you drove it off the lot? (bought it)

It doesn't matter how much you've used it or at all. A "used" computer is a "used" computer. Now, its true you might find someone who will pay full price for it. Quite frankly based on your attitude towards other members, I don't believe you had the trouble with NCIX you claim to have had, something in your story doesn't add up. Either you broke the parts, or you got smartmouth with NCIX to the point they just didn't want to deal with you. Both are likely, but guess which one I'm leaning towards based on what you've demonstrated here?

As far as your specs, $1300 bucks, if you paid that much, and all you got was a 7850 video card, yea, you did get ripped off. Invoice or I put my BS card on the table.

That made me think of this:

m
l
August 23, 2012 6:18:00 AM

Thanks for the ******* help. Not.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 6:19:16 AM

Nic0s411 said:

i think you feel like this

m
l
August 23, 2012 6:36:02 AM

Nic0s411 said:

What do you want us to say? You're basically asking us if you can rip someone off by selling them you're broken computer at a profit. Its not happening, I'm sorry thats not the answer you were looking for, but your expectations were foolish.

idroid said:
i think you feel like this

http://c.cslacker.com/3118l.jpg

LOL. :lol: 
m
l
August 23, 2012 6:38:52 AM

Seems like you overpaid, or didn't take advantage of any rebates or any discounts.

I built a very similar setup -

i5-3570k
hyper 212+
8gb ram
z77
M4 128gb
HAF case
750 watt corsair psu
dvd

$950 after rebates and discounts and some random parts that I didn't really need like a usb 3.0 part for the 3.5 bay in the front, some velcro ties, an ssd bracket, 100ft of ethernet cable
m
l
August 23, 2012 4:52:32 PM

cbag said:
Seems like you overpaid, or didn't take advantage of any rebates or any discounts.

I built a very similar setup -

i5-3570k
hyper 212+
8gb ram
z77
M4 128gb
HAF case
750 watt corsair psu
dvd

$950 after rebates and discounts and some random parts that I didn't really need like a usb 3.0 part for the 3.5 bay in the front, some velcro ties, an ssd bracket, 100ft of ethernet cable

Thanks for actually trying to help, unlike them retards. I notice I did overpay, and thats because NCIX US wouldnt refund me for the broken PSU they sent me, and in the begginning i bought a 650W PSU and it wouldnt power it up, call me a noob idc. Im new to this stuff :\
m
l
August 23, 2012 4:58:48 PM

Nic0s411 said:
Thanks for actually trying to help, unlike them retards. I notice I did overpay, and thats because NCIX US wouldnt refund me for the broken PSU they sent me, and in the begginning i bought a 650W PSU and it wouldnt power it up, call me a noob idc. Im new to this stuff :\

Dude you're such a liar. You can rage all you want. NCIX is a reputable company, something you did is making them refuse to work with you. You are the one trying to sell a computer you admit has faulty parts in it for more than you yourself paid for it, do you not realize how "retarded" that sounds?
m
l
August 23, 2012 5:02:14 PM

NCIX's return policy & warranty policy
http://us.ncix.com/go/?customercare#warranty

Quote:
Physical damage to any product will void the product's warranty. Modifying a product in a permanent way is considered physical damage. NCIX cannot honor warranty for CPU's that have bent pins, cracked or chipped cores, burnt or otherwise sustained any other type of physical damage. Physical damage voids any warranty previously implied for any product.

http://us.ncix.com/go/?customercare#rma

Quote:
What if I'm dissatisfied with an item I've purchased?

NCIX offers a 15-day Satisfaction Guarantee on many items that we sell. Due to supplier and manufacturer restrictions, some opened items will be non-refundable, and any return is subject to prior approval from NCIX. Items that are unopened and still in its original shrink wrap and sealed, can be returned without restriction, within 15 days of purchase, unless marked as nonreturnable. All items returned to us must be shipped pre-paid.

Items eligible for return are subject to a 15% restocking fee, and if approved by NCIX would be eligible for exchange, merchandise credit, or refund. Due to the volatile nature of component prices, items will only be refunded at the current pricing at the time of return. Software must be in its original box and unopened (still sealed in its original shrink wrap). Defective software will be exchanged with the same title (subject to availability).

Satisfaction Guarantee excludes CRT and LCD monitors, netbook and notebook computers, mobile PCs, mobile phones, handhelds, PDAs, digital cameras (and accessories), projectors (and accessories), printers, software, consumables (e.g. printer cartridges, CD-Rs, and blank media), televisions, consumer appliances (e.g. microwaves, refrigerators, etc.), customized (built-to-order) computers, mouse pads, and special order items.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 5:05:56 PM

Lesson one of Custom building, build to order, not on spec,
I have a very nice W/c 975 Rig with 6950's in it that I built to sell and ended up keeping,
initially parts cost me about £1500 (over £2k once i added cards to W/c)
and I, like you was dismayed to find I wouldn't get my investment back,
however I sucked it up and gave myself a great Xmas present, and learned the lesson,
keep the Rig, enjoy it even, but if you try building 'topline' Pc's to sell you need to be able to wave that money goodbye and smile,
life only sucks if you let it.
Moto
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2012 5:13:26 PM

Only way you are gonna make a profit off building PC's for people is by a) having someone recruit you to build it, they pick/order the parts, and pay you a fee to assemble it or b) You have a contract or contacts with a manufacturer/supplier/distributor who can provide you the parts in bulk for a discount. Any fee you try to work into a sale to a random person is going to be offset or more by the fact that the PC is not "new", hell if I ordered a video card and didnt open it or anything what incentive does a person have to buy it from me (a stranger) at full price vs. a reputable company with sales and support, selling it at the exact same price? No way Im gonna buy a 400$ vid card off ebay if I can buy it for 400$ off newegg. Go ahead and look, you'd be hard pressed to find individuals ebaying full price products, even in brand new condition, unless they are some sort of reseller.

Also, calling anyone a "retard" on perhaps the best available tech support forum is not likely to earn you anything but malice in return. And yes, it is clearly subtract not add lol.

P.S. I am fairly sure even when I was 10 years old I knew it was proper to be polite when asking for help, even if I did not receive the answer I was hoping for. And I was 10 years old, what's your excuse?
m
l
August 23, 2012 11:10:23 PM

Nic0s411 said:

I guess lesson learned huh, some lessons can be expensive? May have to take a loss if you need to offload the pc, sorry but I doubt anyone will buy it for $1300. Or you can keep it and have a nice gaming machine!
m
l
!