Intel i3 mobile family CPU

lyud2110

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hello all,

I recently had a Fujitsu lifebook AH531 model which broke down completely due to uknown reasons but i know 100% that the cpu played no part in this. However i managed to get the 8gb of RAM and the 500gb hard drive out aswell as the i3 2328M processor out. I was wondering whether i could sell this cpu as i have no use for it or if i could re-use it in a desktop computer?

Solution

No you can't put a laptop I3 into a desktop socket. They have different sockets and different pin arraignment. You can try to sell it on Ebay but don't expect to get a ton of money for it. I just sold an AMD Athlon™ II X2 dual-core processor M320 I scrapped from a laptop and I think I got either 30 or 50 dollars (I can't remeber I sold a bunch of...

No you can't put a laptop I3 into a desktop socket. They have different sockets and different pin arraignment. You can try to sell it on Ebay but don't expect to get a ton of money for it. I just sold an AMD Athlon™ II X2 dual-core processor M320 I scrapped from a laptop and I think I got either 30 or 50 dollars (I can't remeber I sold a bunch of stuff) but point is it wasn't that much.

Solution