thEnurburghype

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hi, so basically i have a switching creation 600 watts PSU with a DEDICATED 6 PIN PCI-E power connector and i want to know if an asus gtx 550 ti will be able to run on it...Also the most important thing is that it has 10amps on the 12v rail and i know this is little. Most people are telling me the psu is good as long as it has a 6 pin power connector.The graphic card vendor even inspected my psu and guaranteed me that it would work even with the GPU stressed and funtioning at max!I'm puzzled ;0 My question to you all is if the psu was that bad what THE HELL WOULD IT HAVE A 6 PIN connector! THis would defeat the purpose of having 10 amps on the 12v rail...sorry i'm no expert in power supplies and graphic stuffs but i REALLY want to know this. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!THANKS!

thEnurburghype

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
hmm,i know! the brand is creation and presumably its a generic one...but the cables are very well wrapped with that nylon stuff that you find on good psu's. theres a 120mm fan that works pretty well and it has 6 satas, 6 molex and one 6 pin connectors. i'm surprised that it even has all those connectors! hmm, what do you think?

thEnurburghype

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
no the psu does not have multiple 12v rails (specs; 3.3@20a, 5@12a, 12@10 with peak power stated as 600 watts) and it is just as heavy as my 80+ cx600 running in ANOTHER system. my entire sys specs are; i5 2320, mobo ecs h61h2-m6, seagate baraccuda 500gb, asus dvd writer + 2 120mm led fans and they are running perfectly.
this s a very budget limited gaming( so to speak) PC.

@Deemo13: sorry for posting this again, but i had no convincing answers :(

I really just dont care, the moderators do. But I would as well recommend a new power supply.