Windows XP Professional Wireless Conexion

Hi,

I just installed Windows XP Pro with SP1 and the local area conexion does
not appear at all. I install de Wireless USB device but there's simply no
conexion. What do I do to activate de wireless network conexion in XP Pro? I
try to create manually a conexion but it tells me first I have to install
the card which would be the usb wireless network adapter. That's installed
but nothing.

Someone know?

Thanks.

"Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Windows XP Pro with SP1 and the local area conexion does
> not appear at all. I install de Wireless USB device but there's simply no
> conexion. What do I do to activate de wireless network conexion in XP Pro?
> try to create manually a conexion but it tells me first I have to install
> the card which would be the usb wireless network adapter. That's installed
> but nothing.
>
> Someone know?
>
> Thanks.

Did you install the drivers for the wireless USB connector? Are you sure
you have a wireless router?

Bobby

> Did you install the drivers for the wireless USB connector? Are you sure
> you have a wireless router?
>
> Bobby

Yepp, sure did, and it tells me ERROR in part of the installation.

Cicsso

>> Did you install the drivers for the wireless USB connector? Are you sure
>> you have a wireless router?
>>
>> Bobby
>>

> Yepp, sure did, and it tells me ERROR in part of the installation.
>
> Cicsso

Then you did *not* install the drivers. If you encounter and error during
installation, the drivers are not installed, your wireless device is not
working because it can't find drivers, and thus you have nothing showing in
your Internet connection window.
You have to get working drivers for the wireless USB device...the drivers
must install without an error.

Bobby

> Then you did *not* install the drivers. If you encounter and error during
> installation, the drivers are not installed, your wireless device is not
> working because it can't find drivers, and thus you have nothing showing
in
> your Internet connection window.
> You have to get working drivers for the wireless USB device...the drivers
> must install without an error.
>
> Bobby

I have installed XP in Hard Disk D: Could it be I'm having problems
installing the drivers because it's not C: and it's not the master hard
drive?? It just doesn't make sense. In hard disk C: everything works O.K.

Thanks Bobby.

You need to tell us what make and model wireless adapter you're using, to even begin to help you.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.