Sign in with
Your question

Can't see other computers on the same network.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 7, 2011 2:28:49 PM

Hello, I've been looking for this topic elsewhere, but I can't seem to find another situation the same as mine.

I have a wireless router which works just fine. I can connect my laptop as well as my iPad to it. I also have a hard wire connection that goes to my computer which works just fine.

My question is, how can I get my computer to see the other computers in the network? They just don't show up even though I have shared enabled. There is only one router, so I thought it might be automatic, but it doesn't seem to be.

Thanks!

More about : computers network

October 7, 2011 2:35:11 PM

what is the OS on the laptop?

is the laptop wireless network setup as a home or work network?
m
l
October 7, 2011 3:22:56 PM

Both the laptop and the desktop are using Windows XP. I'm also using an iPad (I'm hoping that by setting up my desktop to be seen on the wireless network I'll be able to use airprint.)

The desktop is hardwired and the laptop is wireless. I just want to be able to share files easily between the two, but I'm so far unable to connect the two even though they are going through the same router.

I'd also like to be able to print using the laptop. The printer is connected to the desktop.
m
l
!