problem with desktop

June 25, 2005 1:58:37 PM

I searched and all suggestions I found, I have already checked.

On my HP laptop, I can not move any of the desktop icons. They snap
back to original position when released.

"Auto Arrange" is not checked.
I have tried with "Align to Grid" both on and off.
"Lock Web Items on Desktop" is not checked.

Thanks for any suggestions.

More about : problem desktop

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 6:01:40 PM

On 25 Jun 2005 09:58:37 -0700, shepard97504@yahoo.com wrote:

>I searched and all suggestions I found, I have already checked.
>
>On my HP laptop, I can not move any of the desktop icons. They snap
>back to original position when released.
>
>"Auto Arrange" is not checked.
>I have tried with "Align to Grid" both on and off.
>"Lock Web Items on Desktop" is not checked.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions.

Although it seems silly, if you're on a network there may be a policy
set that applies to your computer and/or user ID. Probably even if
those things are un-checked it will still apply.

Just a thought.

---Atreju---
!