problem with desktop

I searched and all suggestions I found, I have already checked.

On my HP laptop, I can not move any of the desktop icons. They snap
back to original position when released.

"Auto Arrange" is not checked.
I have tried with "Align to Grid" both on and off.
"Lock Web Items on Desktop" is not checked.

Thanks for any suggestions.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem desktop

    On 25 Jun 2005 09:58:37 -0700, shepard97504@yahoo.com wrote:

    >I searched and all suggestions I found, I have already checked.
    >
    >On my HP laptop, I can not move any of the desktop icons. They snap
    >back to original position when released.
    >
    >"Auto Arrange" is not checked.
    >I have tried with "Align to Grid" both on and off.
    >"Lock Web Items on Desktop" is not checked.
    >
    >Thanks for any suggestions.

    Although it seems silly, if you're on a network there may be a policy
    set that applies to your computer and/or user ID. Probably even if
    those things are un-checked it will still apply.

    Just a thought.

    ---Atreju---

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Desktop Icons Windows XP