Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Radeon HD 6450 capable of running two VGA monitors??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 4, 2012 5:40:25 PM

I am looking for a way to run two VGA monitors, hopefully without replacing the graphics card. Does anyone know what would be the best way to do this and hopefully save me a little money.. The card has VGA, DVI, and HDMI. Thanks
a c 191 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 4, 2012 7:18:24 PM

I believe you would be able to use a DVI to VGA adapter to run 2 monitors. Im almost positive that it does support 2. The adapter looks like this:

Score
a c 76 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 4, 2012 7:41:01 PM

cards typically share the VGA signal between VGA port and the analog pins on the DVI-I port. you can't usually run more than one VGA monitor off a card without a display port to VGA adapter. doesn't hurt to try it though
Score
Related resources
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 4, 2012 8:12:40 PM

It should work but I haven't done it on a card that had one vga and only one dvi connector. You will need one adapter. A card with two dvi connectors will support two vga monitors via two adapters just fine.
Score

Best solution

a c 76 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 4, 2012 8:30:26 PM

nforce4max said:
It should work but I haven't done it on a card that had one vga and only one dvi connector. You will need one adapter. A card with two dvi connectors will support two vga monitors via two adapters just fine.

Again, this is not how it normally works. there has to be digital to analog circuitry to get the signal out on the DVI analog pins, and because of the extra components most manufacturers only provide analog out on one of the DVI ports. it can vary depending on the card/manufacturer/version though.
a c 191 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 4, 2012 9:19:53 PM

Honestly these adapters are so cheap it doesnt really matter.
Score
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 4, 2012 9:33:43 PM

unksol said:
Again, this is not how it normally works. there has to be digital to analog circuitry to get the signal out on the DVI analog pins, and because of the extra components most manufacturers only provide analog out on one of the DVI ports. it can vary depending on the card/manufacturer/version though.

He or she should just give it a try, I know it will work with cards that have two dvi connectors and done it for a few years till I upgraded from my old crt monitors.
Score
July 10, 2012 11:58:55 PM

Best answer selected by line1260skr.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 11, 2012 6:22:56 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!