Questions on set items

Hey all,

a few questions:

1) Is there a partial set bonus, or do you have to have the entire set
before anything interesting happens?

2) Is the Blackened Defias leather set any good for a low lvl rogue? How
long can I plan on wearing it? I'm thinking of getting it for my rogue,
currently lvl 11. I have the gloves and the pants are on AH at a good price
right now. How much should I expect to pay for the entire set?

TIA

Devast8or

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> a few questions:
>
> 1) Is there a partial set bonus, or do you have to have the entire set
> before anything interesting happens?
>
> 2) Is the Blackened Defias leather set any good for a low lvl rogue? How
> long can I plan on wearing it? I'm thinking of getting it for my rogue,
> currently lvl 11. I have the gloves and the pants are on AH at a good price
> right now. How much should I expect to pay for the entire set?
>
> TIA
>
> Devast8or

IIRC, part of the set is bind on pickup, so you won't be able to buy it all.

And yes, there are partial bonuses for having part of a set, they usually start
at 3 pieces. Check www.thottbot.com, it has a list of all the armor sets and
what their bonuses are.

Grant wrote:
> "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hey all,
>>
>> a few questions:
>>
>> 1) Is there a partial set bonus, or do you have to have the entire
>> set before anything interesting happens?
>>
>> 2) Is the Blackened Defias leather set any good for a low lvl rogue?
>> How long can I plan on wearing it? I'm thinking of getting it for my
>> rogue, currently lvl 11. I have the gloves and the pants are on AH
>> at a good price right now. How much should I expect to pay for the
>> entire set?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Devast8or
>>

> IIRC, part of the set is bind on pickup, so you won't be able to buy
> it all.
>
> And yes, there are partial bonuses for having part of a set, they
> usually start at 3 pieces. Check www.thottbot.com, it has a list of
> all the armor sets and what their bonuses are.

Thanks. I must've missed the part about partial set bonusses when looking at
Thottbot earlier :)

Devast8or

I wanted Blackened Defias Armor for my Hunter when she was L18. Thought it
would look quite stylish :) But, although I had the help of many high level
(I mean 50+) friends to loot Deadmines for all set items, it wasn't after I
was L29 that I completed the set, which was quite useless for me at that
point. The Chest item is Bind on Pickup and drops only from Edwin Van Cleef.
He refused to drop it for me for 25 runs through Deadmines. And I gave up on
the set. Then one day a friend who helped me back then asked if I still want
to try the Chest piece or not and I thought "why not, could be fun, it won't
drop anyway" and lo, Edwin decided to drop it at last! Alas, I was L29 and
the set was useless for me :)) But I got from 18 to 21 just by running
Deadmins beside a high level friend :)) Now I sometimes wear the set and
walk around at bank in IF... ;)

--

"Know who you are, Be what you know"
--LordSpike