Can't remove this program!

AOL came bundled with my HP laptop. There is a desktop icon to set it
up. I want to remove all traces of AOL from the computer. Because I
have never gone through the setup process, and do not want to, there is
nothing in "Add/Remove Programs" for AOL.

How do I remove this from the laptop?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about remove program

    Thanks, I will just do this and then use JVPowerTools to clean up the
    registry.

    Did you have any ideas about my other question, just below, about the
    locked desktop icons?

    Thanks

    shepard97504@yahoo.com wrote:

    >AOL came bundled with my HP laptop. There is a desktop icon to set it
    >up. I want to remove all traces of AOL from the computer. Because I
    >have never gone through the setup process, and do not want to, there is
    >nothing in "Add/Remove Programs" for AOL.
    >
    >How do I remove this from the laptop?

    Scan the Registry for AOL and remove all references. Also check for
    "AOL" on your HDD and delete the files for this application manually.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    shepard97504@yahoo.com wrote:
    > AOL came bundled with my HP laptop. There is a desktop icon to set it
    > up. I want to remove all traces of AOL from the computer. Because I
    > have never gone through the setup process, and do not want to, there
    > is nothing in "Add/Remove Programs" for AOL.
    >
    > How do I remove this from the laptop?
    >
    > Thanks

    Search for a file in the Windows\INF folder called " sysoc.inf " [you have
    to set up Explorer to show all files]. See if AOL is listed in this file
    with a HIDE parameter. Edit to remove HIDE (leave the commas with nothing
    between) save and reboot.
    --
    Remove nospam in email

    shepard97504@yahoo.com wrote:

    >Thanks, I will just do this and then use JVPowerTools to clean up the
    >registry.

    You are welcome.

    >Did you have any ideas about my other question, just below, about the
    >locked desktop icons?

    Unfortunately no.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

Configuration AOL Microsoft Customization Windows XP