Gtx 590 - Sometimes 1 gpu only works - HELP!

chart_mang

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
I've had my GTX 590 EVGA classified for about 6-7 months now. It just started acting up recently.

I've never had issues in the pass and it's always been update regularly on drivers. My current drivers are 301.42 from Nvidia site.

Pass couple weeks I've been noticing that sometimes on a fresh start-up I'll be gaming and it gets really choppy. My logitech G-15 has a display window on the keyboard that allows me to the GPU performance - fan speed, usage, temp etc...

I look at my G15 and it will show like one of my GPU's working at about 95% while the other is fluctuating between 10-20% and my I know this because my game will get really choppy.

I know about the SLI disabled in Windowed and how certain games only support sli, but I don't play any of my games in Windowed mode or any games different than I did when i first bought my 590.

Games I play are LoL
and Diablo 3 and this actually just started happening recently. The only thing I could think of that I did differently in the pass 2 weeks was get fan profiles for my EVGA Precision. I binded F1, F2, F3, F4 to profiles to make my fan goto 40%, 75%, 85% and 95%. But I seriously doubt that was the issue.

Anyways if anyone has ever dealt with this problem please help. My 700$+ card is not performing right.

Thanks.

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first