tomtomhoch

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Hi There,

I am planning on totally rebuilding/upgrading my computer and wondered if this spec looked ok? My budget is around £300 (I know the basket shows £360 but I'll shop around)

Screenshot of basket (new parts) -
349b1ht.png

Spec:

Intel Core i5 2500 - Already got
NVIDIA GTX 560 - To buy
1TB Hard Drive - Already got
OCZ Agility 60GB SSD (Boot Drive) - To buy
Gigabyte B75-D3V - To buy
16GB (4x4GB) of Kingston HyperX Blu - Already got 8GB, To buy 8GB
ASUS Xonar DG - To buy
Sweex Internal Car Reader - To buy
Zalman Z11 Plus - To buy
LiteOn iHAS124 - Already got
TP Link Wireless Card - Already got

I think that's all but if more information is needed just say,

Thanks
Thomas

Nw333

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
You dont need a sound card, lol. Most mobos today already come with one. But, you can buy your build without the sound card and check if the sound is crappy as hell, then you can invest in a sound card.

With the Kingston memory, you can and will void the warranty on your processor, may also damage it.

If you arent getting the sound card, get the 560Ti with the extra money.

tomtomhoch

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Appologies - I posted the wrong RAM! here is the updated post!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi There,

I am planning on totally rebuilding/upgrading my computer and wondered if this spec looked ok? My budget is around £300 (I know the basket shows £360 but I'll shop around)

Screenshot of basket (new parts) -
fcpmr4.png

Spec:

Intel Core i5 2500 - Already got
NVIDIA GTX 560 - To buy
1TB Hard Drive - Already got
OCZ Agility 60GB SSD (Boot Drive) - To buy
Gigabyte B75-D3V - To buy
16GB (4x4GB) of Kingston HyperX 1333MHz - Already got 8GB, To buy 8GB
ASUS Xonar DG - To buy
Sweex Internal Car Reader - To buy
Zalman Z11 Plus - To buy
LiteOn iHAS124 - Already got
TP Link Wireless Card - Already got
Corsair CX500 - Already got

I think that's all but if more information is needed just say,

Thanks
Thomas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nw333 - I have tried the onboard sound with my current motherboard and it's rubbish! I noticed that the motherboard i chose has a different driver (realtek instead of the VIA HD one I have now) so I will consider doing your suggesting and testing the onboard sound! I think I'll just accept it as a saving and not go for the 560Ti as I'm already over budget, thanks for your help!

Nw333

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

Only on OEM discs. Forgot what OEM means but you can only install it on one mobo. Also, get the 64bit version if your getting OEM, if your getting retail, it comes with both 32 and 64bit and its useable on a few computers even with different motherboards

MJoob

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
gtx 560? its more expensive than the radeon cards i might say u must take a look at atleast the 7850 maybe it would change your mind n probably be cheaper. :)

tomtomhoch

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Thanks for the info on OEM software (it's the OEM version that I have) although that has just completely ruined my budget! It's such a rip off as I only bought my current copy 9 months ago!

------------------------------------

As for the graphics card, I have have way too many problems with AMD cards which is the only reason why I am getting a new GPU. I've had 3 replacement units of a 6870 within 9 months all of which have been faulty so I think it's time for me to move on! Thanks anyway!

------------------------------------

I will definitly not be getting a sound card now as the windows issue has pushed my budget way over!

thanks all for help!
Thomas

tomtomhoch

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
I'm having a bit of a crysis in that I am £121 over bidget, does anyone know a place that sells part cheaply or at a decent price?

Thanks
Thomas

P.s. definitly getting 64 bit :)

TRENDING THREADS