Two cables to connect two switches

What is it called when you use two cables to connect two switches together. Thanks Looking for a friend.
1 answer Last reply
More about cables connect switches
  1. You'd actually use one cable to connect two switches.

    The port is called an "Uplink" port that you use to connect the second switch to the first. Maybe "chaining" is also a term you are looking for. Many new switches these days have auto-sensing ports that can use any port as an "uplink" port. Or have a little switch to turn uplink port on and off.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Cable Networking