Status
Not open for further replies.

abcd123

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Hello mates, :bounce:

I have a XFX GeForece GT-240 1GB gfx card, I purchased it like two yrs ago, now the problem is when I play games, the temperature gets upto 100C or more, this makes the games lag and stutter... also MY CPU temperature gets upto 70C+

I have a core i7 860 on a DH55TC motherboard with stock cooler and heatsink, and no extra fan to my case.

Things were not the same when my PC was new. I tried cleaning the heatsink of GPU and applying new thermal paste with no luck... can you guys help me? :cry:

Is this a CPU problem or of my GPU?

Solution

that is most definitely the cause of overheating. you need to get a new fan to replace it. I think it's likely your fan has just reached the end of its lifespan

abcd123

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012

Sure I can add... is that supposed to solve my problem completely? what else I can do to keep the GPU temp down?

abcd123

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012

I again removed the fan last night and made sure that there is no dust in the fan and heatsink either... still no luck :bounce:

Time to get a better cooler, I know that a zalman vf900 will work on that card with good results but sadly they are not cheap. Getting a new cooler is a good investment because you can keep using them for years on different cards.

that is most definitely the cause of overheating. you need to get a new fan to replace it. I think it's likely your fan has just reached the end of its lifespan

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.