Quick question

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I have another computer to fool around with for a short time. My kid was a bad little girl on the Internet, so I took her computer out of her room. I know I'm a meany, but I'll soften up and give it back to her.

Until I do give it back I was thinking of putting Win2000 on it and seeing how that works. I tried it before, but since I didn't get the results I wanted quick enough I went back to Win98se. Now that I have another computer I can fool around with it. This will be a warm up before moving on to WinXP, unless I stay with Win2000.

So I have two questions.
1. Does Win2000 have the memory management like WinXP?
2. I'll have two computer one with Win98se for gaming, the other for mainly searching the Internet, coming here and watching videos kind of stuff. I also would like to open up a lot of IE without any problems. Will Win2000 do this, or is WinXP better for my needs here? Any info. would be appreciated.

System's will be.
Abit KT7A-Raid VIA KT133A
1200 TB
gf2

Complicated Nit Picker

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
1. WinXP has memory management like Win2k.
2. Win2k or XP can fill your needs.

I have both os systems running on different hard drives XP is good and
will be better when they release an update right now I still prefer Win2k.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
OK, thanks all. I'll pop win2000 in there and wait for an update on the XP. At least using Win2000 for a while I'll be able to compare the 3 different OS.

Complicated Nit Picker