GTX 670 SLI questions/concerns

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Not sure what is causing this problem, but I am suspecting its the driver.

My GTX 670 SLI setup recently decided to run only at 915mhz (stock clock) even after I set it to OC. E.G. My boost would never kick in during gaming. I am not sure if this is something kepler cards do in SLI but I haven't been having this issue before.

I just tested running my cards at a small oc + 122% power target and I was still having an extremely hard time getting boost clocks to kick in like they should.

I switched to Adpative Power Management from to Full Performance and got to see my clock speeds actually drop lower than stock clock. Probably because it takes no effort for my system to run BF3 at my settings.

I think I should just get a fresh driver install and hopefully that fixes it. If not then I have no clue what is going on and any insight on the matter would be highly appreciated.

Zac

redeemer

Distinguished
So you have you base clock @ 915 and your boost clock @? whatever it is. Your saying that you cards wont boost up the frequency?

What are the rest of your computer specs, and what brand of cards you got. Try using EVGA Pricision X

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

Its just being odd, for the last 2 weeks since I have been running SLI I have never ran into this issue.

Raised my Power Target to 122% and my clocks started to go closer to what they actually should be but while I left them at stock on maximum power management mode it still wouldn't bump up its base clock except for maybe a hand full or less of times out of a whole BF3 500 ticket game.

Gonna go ahead and reinstall drivers just to be on safe side :)

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
and you couldn't hit me on Steam..? :??:
WTH.?

let me research and see what I can find, also you might need to holla at 'matto17secs' as well.

The force told me you would come to this thread :3

Yeah I'd appreciate any help I can get, figured I would just make a quick post on here for all the regular forums gods to post their golden knowledge in my faces. :p

In the mean time ill do a fresh driver install!