Already have:
All peripherals (mouse, kb, speakers)
Dual display monitors @ 1920x1080 each
Win7
SSD for OS
HDD for storage
High end video card
...So I just need the tower and its guts

I think I'm ready to go, but want you guys to check me and offer any last minute advice/changes before I order. I won't order til you guys give me the greenlight

Here are my planned components (take not that I already have several components listed above):

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
PSU: Corsair HX850
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K (I plan to overclock)
CPU Cooling: Corsair H100
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 (4x4gb)
DVD: Who cares :p

Here's a copy of my build components over on PCPartPicker:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fqVf

the ssd is good.

what 670s do you have? 1 is more than enough for current usage. to take advantage of 2, you either have to run multi-monitor or get a 120hz monitor or else the extra performance is useless

kailuaboi

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I've got two high res 27-inch monitors with a separate instance of Photoshop going on each, so that's why two vid cards.

But you guys feel good about the other stuff? No bottlenecks that stick out?

Can I ask why you didn't go with 2X8G sticks of ram instead of the 4X4? It is easier on the overclocking and gives you room in the future to put more ram in if needed.

either way, photoshop doesnt really use up a GPU. a single 670 should still be enough for 1440p or 1600p monitors. if you are gaming on both, then id get dual 670s

kailuaboi

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

Ok, good to know. I'll probably just sell this other one then. Thank you!

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

It would also be stupid to have a $400 paperweight. If he's going to keep it, he may as well make use of it (either through another computer build, or in SLI on this one). If he fancies it, he could also buy another monitor and go for 3-screen gaming with 670 SLI.

kailuaboi

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

I didn't buy either of the cards, they were given to me for a work thing but I don't have to hang onto them if I only need one. I only wanted to build my new system around them which is why I wondered if you guys thought everything else in the build above looked good :)