7850 distortion/crashing when gaming

gavax

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Hi, just bought a new custom build, and for whatever reason, at random times during gaming, the graphics will just hang - I get teal and brown pattern on my monitor and sometimes the sound loops.

Only ever seems to happen when playing games, have YET to have it crap out due to idling or anything.

Initially I thought it was the HDMI port use causing problems, but I just got it again. The card doesn't seem to be overheating, hits no more than 50 degrees celcius.

Tried changing drivers from 12.6's to 12.5 beta's after someone suggested and seemed a little more stable. Using driver sweeper etc.

Faulty card? or just duff drivers?

sacmaggot

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I'm having this problem too when using Skyrim and League of Legends. I'm not having any problem running old games like Mechwarrior 4 or surfing the internet and watching youtube. But whenever I switch to a newer game, within the first 5 minutes there'll be a crash. Guaranteed.

IDK if it means we have different problems, but i've never gotten the teal/brown pattern. I get either greyscale vertical lines or full black, only once did i have red/brown vertical lines.

I've tried contacting AMD with a bug report, but they have yet to respond.

EDIT: Taking out the card and running on the integrated graphics I can play Skyrim and LoL no problem.

mboas

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

I just built my brother a custom PC and he is having the same issue. Have you come accross a fix yet?