Overall Which Is Better XFX5 50W Core Edition or Seasonic S12II-520 52

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Core
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
January 7, 2013 1:37:37 PM

The Seasonic S12II-520 520W probably kicks the crap out of the XFX P1-550S-XXB9 PRO550W.

Reasoning:
- The better XFX units, ones on par with SeaSonic models, typically start around the 650 watt mark (on the XFX box).
- Seasonic Power Supplies are always over engineered and don't just meet the specifications, they exceed them.
- Seasonic Power Supplies can output more than the rating on the box without breaking down.
- "Internally, we can see that the Core Edition 550W uses the Seasonic S12II platform, very much like the Core Edition 450W. Even the fan is identical" --- Despite this the XFX unit is rated differently!, and the model I am looking at may not match the one you mentioned above!: XFX Core Edition 550W

Specifications on the XFX unit are more subject to changes than the Seasonic units.

Trusted Review:
- http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2013 2:10:04 PM

there both decent and made by seasonic, but tbh for the money id just get the seasonic s12 instead.

Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2013 2:22:29 PM

Scott_D_Bowen is right and I agree on all his points. Seasonic is better here
January 7, 2013 2:24:34 PM

EzioAs said:
Scott_D_Bowen is right and I agree on all his points. Seasonic is better here

I Done Some Research My Self And I found Out That The XFX Is Just A Rebranded Seasonic is that ture? and then dosent that just mean the same parts are used
a c 1204 ) Power supply
January 7, 2013 3:08:00 PM

pop4up said:
I Done Some Research My Self And I found Out That The XFX Is Just A Rebranded Seasonic is that ture? and then dosent that just mean the same parts are used

All of XFX's PSUs are made by Seasonic and are based on existing Seasonic platform models.

XFX does get to specify what kind of shell/case design is used, fan model/quality, output cable lengths. Internal circuit board components are, in most cases, the same as what Seasonic uses in their own models.

Reputable reviews of the equivalent models show that the electrical performance is the same, as it should expected to be.

When selecting between a genuine Seasonic or a brand using the equivalent OEM model I would make my decision based on price and warranty period.
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2013 3:12:25 PM

yes, to anyone saying seasonic is better than xfx they came from both seasonic, so before saying such things do ur research people.

and as ko said its mostly witch has the longest warranty and so id go with.

January 7, 2013 3:29:21 PM

ko888 said:
All of XFX's PSUs are made by Seasonic and are based on existing Seasonic platform models.

XFX does get to specify what kind of shell/case design is used, fan model/quality, output cable lengths. Internal circuit board components are, in most cases, the same as what Seasonic uses in their own models.

Reputable reviews of the equivalent models show that the electrical performance is the same, as it should expected to be.

When selecting between a genuine Seasonic or a brand using the equivalent OEM model I would make my decision based on price and warranty period.

Thanks Ill Probably Go For The XFX as It has 5 Years Warranty And Is Little Bit Cheaper And also look nice
!