Advice on power supply

Solution

The Corsair you listed isn't made by Seasonic, it's made by CWT. Less reliable and less efficient. The only Seasonic-made Corsair 750Ws are the TX750-V2 and AX750 (the HX750 is made by CWT as well, for some reason).

Also, to answer OP's question, the XFX is great. Go for it.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

The Corsair you listed isn't made by Seasonic, it's made by CWT. Less reliable and less efficient. The only Seasonic-made Corsair 750Ws are the TX750-V2 and AX750 (the HX750 is made by CWT as well, for some reason).

Also, to answer OP's question, the XFX is great. Go for it.

Solution

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

No more or less reliable than the XFX PRO750. Those two units are almost 100% identical (62A, 744W on 12V rail, made by Seasonic, etc). The only differences I can discern are the power connectors (XFX has 2 6pin, 2 8pin, Corsair has 4 8pin) but that really makes little difference. Choose whichever suits your fancy.

Also, depends on what you plan on crossfiring (or are you referring to the Corsair not explicitly saying it's Crossfire-ready? Because it is just as ready as the near-identical XFX).

Edit: You are correct, it is a single-rail PSU.

pootklopp

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

Ok all this is new to me so I was more going by what I have been told. I guess I was just asking what was more reliable and a better fit to my build. Which is this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fqDR

I want to keep it open to adding a second 7870 in the future. While I'm asking I was thinking of adding a second monitor at this point, would this be a big enough demand to justify the crossfire now?

This machine will be used for School/ Video Viewing/Gaming. I will be running Autodesk software (AutoCad, Architectural Desktop, maybe even Maya in the future) and Adobe software. I usually watch videos (streamed or downloaded) to an external TV (hdmi out). Then some gaming on top of that (Day Z Mod, maybe some more)

pootklopp

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

I just want to verify, even though Newegg says "crossfire: no" it can still run crossfire the same as the 750TX and XFX PRO750?

That's what I said, Channel Well, you really should read the post before replying to it. And because you have poor reading comprehension skills you get the best answer. Pathetic.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

? I'm confused then. The OP linked an older, CWT-made XFX PRO750, which you said was older and CWT-made. Then you linked the newer, Seasonic-made XFX PRO750 and an older, CWT-made Corsair TX750. I pointed out that the Corsair was not Seasonic-made (as you said it was), but was in fact a CWT unit, and then linked the newer, Seasonic-made TX750-V2. What is it that I read wrong?

I'm sorry you think it's pathetic, I was only trying to help the OP.

I linked a version 2.2 which is made by SEASONIC, at least according to the description.

Newegg either has their model numbers or their descriptions mixed up, not my fault. If I bought one that said V2.2 in the description and received a non V2, I would send it back.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Ah, I see, there's been a misunderstanding. The "v2.2" bit is in reference to the ATX12V specifications, not the power supply's version. It doesn't say Seasonic anywhere on the page, though, so I'm not sure where you saw that.