akros

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

School/Movies/Gaming. Not the highest end gaming, mostly minecraft and Amnesia, the most demanding game I will probably play will be Skyrim, but if it doesn't have good frames then I'll just go back to Xbox:p I'm entering college in about 2 weeks and I really don't know ALOT about computers to build one. So I'm looking at prebuilt ones.

bliq

Distinguished

I'm sure it's not going to be a popular choice but you could go with something like an HP P6

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-Pavilion/B3F79AV?HP-Pavilion-p6-2220t-Desktop-PC

It's $350, uses a G640 processor which is probably faster in most things than either of the AMD's in your original choices, and it appears to have the option to add discrete video cards, meaning it should have a PCI-E slot on the motherboard. I think Radeon 6670 doesn't need additional power so the stock PSU should be strong enough to power it.

akros

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

Why not just add the Radeon 7570 during the customization?

bliq00

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011

I think the 6670 is a more powerful video card and also because buying it and installing yourself would be less expensive. So cheaper and more powerful would be my reason to do it separately. If, on the other hand, having the full system warranty is important to you, then going with the customization route is a good option also.

TRENDING THREADS