Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Prebuilt system debate

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 23, 2012 10:06:22 PM

iBuyPower, Although you should upgrade the graphics.

The processor is much faster.
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 10:10:13 PM

looks like AMD 6410 vs Nvidia GT520.

at your budget, if you can build, build this

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-pc-overclock...

edit:

actually we should ask what you plan to use it for. If it's not gaming, then there are probably better pre-built deals out there than these two. I've seen Dell Core i5 laptops for about the same price, for example.

so what is the intended use?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 23, 2012 10:24:33 PM

bliq00 said:
looks like AMD 6410 vs Nvidia GT520.

at your budget, if you can build, build this

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-pc-overclock...

edit:

actually we should ask what you plan to use it for. If it's not gaming, then there are probably better pre-built deals out there than these two. I've seen Dell Core i5 laptops for about the same price, for example.

so what is the intended use?


School/Movies/Gaming. Not the highest end gaming, mostly minecraft and Amnesia, the most demanding game I will probably play will be Skyrim, but if it doesn't have good frames then I'll just go back to Xbox:p  I'm entering college in about 2 weeks and I really don't know ALOT about computers to build one. So I'm looking at prebuilt ones.
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 10:25:33 PM

What do you suggest upgrading to? Do you think I could fit a Radeon 6670 In there?
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 11:04:36 PM

akros said:
What do you suggest upgrading to? Do you think I could fit a Radeon 6670 In there?


I'm sure it's not going to be a popular choice but you could go with something like an HP P6

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products...

It's $350, uses a G640 processor which is probably faster in most things than either of the AMD's in your original choices, and it appears to have the option to add discrete video cards, meaning it should have a PCI-E slot on the motherboard. I think Radeon 6670 doesn't need additional power so the stock PSU should be strong enough to power it.
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 11:17:01 PM

austing said:
iBuyPower, Although you should upgrade the graphics.

The processor is much faster.


bliq said:
I'm sure it's not going to be a popular choice but you could go with something like an HP P6

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products...

It's $350, uses a G640 processor which is probably faster in most things than either of the AMD's in your original choices, and it appears to have the option to add discrete video cards, meaning it should have a PCI-E slot on the motherboard. I think Radeon 6670 doesn't need additional power so the stock PSU should be strong enough to power it.


Why not just add the Radeon 7570 during the customization?
m
0
l
August 24, 2012 5:18:36 AM

akros said:
Why not just add the Radeon 7570 during the customization?


I think the 6670 is a more powerful video card and also because buying it and installing yourself would be less expensive. So cheaper and more powerful would be my reason to do it separately. If, on the other hand, having the full system warranty is important to you, then going with the customization route is a good option also.
m
0
l
!